Balcony upgrade dilemma

oklahomaeande

I just recently booked our cruise and we got a pretty good rate (299pp). After looking at these forums I am wishing I booked a balcony room. It looks like I can upgrade to an aft balcony for about 500pp more. Is it worth it?

We can get a grand suite for about 600pp. It seems like a lot of money since we got the cruise for pretty cheap.

Do you think if I hold out till just before the cruise the price will drop much, or should I book the room now to make sure we don't miss it?

I wouldn't. You could take another cruise for what you are going to pay extra for a balcony; however, if you have extra money to spend, go for it.

That is exactly what I was just thinking. It would actually be two more for that price. We have never done a balcony and it is very tempting.

An extra $1000 (assuming there are 2 of you?) No. You made a considered decision when you booked the cruise- to more than double of it doesn't make sense to me. Same ship, same food, same entertainment- another time you might go into it with different expectations.

You didn't say if this is your first cruise or not, if it is you probably won't spend much time in the room or on the balcony. It would depend on the balcony, unless it is aft or wrap I am thinking doubling your price might not be such a good idea.

OK now it is $290pp more for an upgrade to a balcony...What do ya think??? I can't decide...

Is that for an aft extended balcony? What are you in now?

If you can afford it without compromising your budget for the rest of the cruise, I would do it. You sound like your heart is set on a balcony. Just make sure it is not one of those mini balcony cabins forward on V-deck, I don't think they're worth it...that's my .02:)

Is that for an aft extended balcony? What are you in now?

If you can afford it without compromising your budget for the rest of the cruise, I would do it. You sound like your heart is set on a balcony. Just make sure it is not one of those mini balcony cabins forward on V-deck, I don't think they're worth it...that's my .02:)

Would be in the aft but not one of the extended. I was looking at one of the main deck cabins. I have been on two previous cruises, one OV, and one inside. This time we are inside as well. I agree that we should prob save our money and take another cruise soon instead of doubling the cost of the cruise and getting a balcony. I have just gotten the idea of sleeping with the balcony door opened in my head.

It may be a tad too cool to sleep with your balcony door open. i would check the extended forcast and then see. Would be very disappointing if your major reason for a balcony was unavailable.

Our first extended most wanted desired aft balcony was in October of some year awhile ago and it was so frigging hot we were never out there!

Archived