What Do You Collect On Your Cruises?

Disconnections

I collect Carnival Christmas ornaments. We have them from every ship.

As we are decorating the tree each year, we talk about the cruise we had on the ship (trying to remember details of the older cruises).

We have watched the boys grow up on cruise ships....so it is neat to remember their "milestones". (the first time they discovered they liked escargot)

We also make sure we have the PORT picture from every port and a refrigerator magnet.

I don't save any of that stuff...

I collect a piece of pottery and/or art from each place we visit. Do that for land vacations as well. I usually also get some local jewelery makes for great conversation when someone complements. Lastly I buy local liquor. Reminds me of my vacation each time I mix a drink.

I forgot to add pictures.... soooo many pictures..... (some bought, most taken with our cameras)

I'm actually bringing my laptop on my next cruise, because I don't think I'll have enough room on my memory cards for all the pictures I want to take...

we also collect christmas ornaments.They are up for a month and put away. My DH loves the fact i don't collect many things, however he is starting to worry about the number of ornaments.....i don't mind, i can have TWO trees! Yay!:D

DH and I get a magnet from everywhere we travel. He collects shot glasses. i collect salt and pepper shakers. My collection is 250+ sets!! It is not all travel, although a lot of them are. Now, I only collect travel sets and unique sets. We also get a Christmas ornament from everywhere we go.

I will be adding to my collection in 4wks!!!!

Jewelry . . . anything I love but mainly interesting stones that you don't see much of at home. I bought Larimar before anyone knew what it was! Love Australian opals! This cruise (the Legend 1-30-11) we will be shopping for new wedding bands for our 40th anniversary vow renewal on the Spirit in July. Fun!

We collect the Carnival pastguest/ VIP pins, hat pins from the countries we are visiting, the Carnival tees that have the "fireworks and ship name" on the back from each ship...although we are missing the Spirit, and Victory as we did not collect them when we were on those ships:(.

The next cruises we will start to collect the VIP gifts as we will be platinum! :p

Our pastguest pins and the countries/ port pins are placed on our special cruise hats, which we wear on embarkation only. ( I have lost one pin laden hat to the Tampa Bay :eek:)

Edited by jrmende63

I pick up a coffee mug-- that way every morning when I am drinking my coffee I can be reminded of the trip and enjoy all the memories :). I have some beautiful ones from local artists. I also pick up some piece of art or something for our house-- no matter how small. I do this for both land and sea vacations-- and if the coffee mug breaks, it just means I have to go back for another one :D .

When I was younger and would go on bus trips across multiple states with the scouts, I started collecting hat pins that said and were shaped like each state we passed through. I've tried continuing that with cruising although since it's more countries than states, I now lean more toward the name or something unique to the area than the shape of the place. I originally started pinning them on a Niagara Falls hat (I once was into collecting baseball caps w/ names of places I've visited) I picked up on one of those bus trips. :)

I do however end up keeping the schedules/map booklets, SOAS, medals etc for souvenier value.

We collect shot glasses from every port we visit. Last cruise we decided we will also bring back a label or bottle (empty of course!:D) from whatever local beer the island serves to put on display in our home bar area. Next weekend we will be on the hunt for Kalik beer in Nassau. We are ready to ditch the winter weather in Illinois!!

We collect all of the pictures taken by the ship at each port ... and build a Scrapbook for each and every cruise taken .... We say - "Go while you can - and then sit back and relive the monents using the Scrapbooks"

Seabee22 & Shipmate

Just off my first cruise. I was in the main atrium when they were changing the giant blow up

of the daily activities. I asked for it and after an odd look they rolled it up and handed it over.

So this may be the beginning of my cruise collection .:D

I have been collecting an old license plate from each island or forgein port I visit. So far I have 5 and should have 3 more after my October B2B on the Destiny. I have them all framed and hanging near my bar area in the basement. Sometimes they are easy to find and other times I have had find someone who would go get one for me... I have no idea where he got it and didn't ask! LOL

I have several collections. I have always collected keychains, starting with my first vacation at age 10. I have a sort of pegboard where I hang them above my desk in the spare room. I have since then begun to collect ornaments, pieces of artwork, jewelry, and postcards from the places I visit (land and sea). On the back of the postcards, I (intend to) write a few special memories from the place. :o

Perhaps I should start focusing on ONE collection, lol. :p