Thompson charter Flight from Birmingham

andyc567

hi All,

We are booked on ventura out of Barbados at the end of Feb, and really looking forwarded to it.

I do have a question about our flight though, which is a Thompson Airlines Charter out of Birmimgham.

Anyone been on such a flight, what concerns me is the leg room ?

I am 6 foot 1 inch tall, and my experience of charter flights on a recent trip to Majorca was a nightmare, no room at all..

8 hours to Barbados could be an ordeal !!

Anyone know different, anyone been on a long haul Thompson flight ?

Many Thanks

Flew to Aruba with Thomson 2 or 3 years ago. Tried to book upgraded seats but they were sold out, almost cancelled cruise for the same concerns as you.

But we had great legroom. Only flight I have been on where I had to lean forward to reach my food on the drop down tray instead of it resting on me!

glad we did noy pay for upgrades then.

Flying with Thomas Cook for Barbados-Ventura in 3/4 weeks time...fingers crossed about seats.

Flew back from Ventura/Barbados on Thomson/First Choice in November and I was very surprised at the generous leg room and comfortable leather seats. The service wasn't first class, but it wasn't terrible either. We've had worse on schedule airlines.

We've got Thomas Cook flights next cruise so it will be interesting to see how they differ. Have a great cruise :)

I have flown Thomson Charter out of Birmingham to Barbados to catch Sea Princess last year.

Although we were told it would be Thomson it was actually a First Choice aircraft as they have now merged.

I am pleased to say we were very surprised with the service.

Taking into consideration the convenience of a regional flight thee aircraft was spacious and new. I am 6ft 2 and had no issues with the seat, I found it wider than your average BA or Virgin.

The inflight entertainment was good and they were very generous with drink both soft and alcoholic.

Meal was what you expect for an airline.

Overall I would rate this flight very good and would have no hesitation flying this route again.

I have flown Thomson Charter out of Birmingham to Barbados to catch Sea Princess last year.

Although we were told it would be Thomson it was actually a First Choice aircraft as they have now merged.

I am pleased to say we were very surprised with the service.

Taking into consideration the convenience of a regional flight thee aircraft was spacious and new. I am 6ft 2 and had no issues with the seat, I found it wider than your average BA or Virgin.

The inflight entertainment was good and they were very generous with drink both soft and alcoholic.

Meal was what you expect for an airline.

Overall I would rate this flight very good and would have no hesitation flying this route again.

Many thanks..

That is good to hear.

Just back today.

Birmingham to Barbados with Thomson, plenty off leg room, im 6`2" and had no problem but the seat is so hard, try and take a little extra padding(should be ok on the way home).

Delayed 13 hours on the way out and 4 hours on the way home.

Received £357 per room compensation for the delay on the way out, all of a sudden it did not seem to be an issue!!

Otherwise a good flight, TV ok films with pause facilitys and games, free drinks happy days

Enjoy!!

Just back today.

Birmingham to Barbados with Thomson, plenty off leg room, im 6`2" and had no problem but the seat is so hard, try and take a little extra padding(should be ok on the way home).

Delayed 13 hours on the way out and 4 hours on the way home.

Received £357 per room compensation for the delay on the way out, all of a sudden it did not seem to be an issue!!

Otherwise a good flight, TV ok films with pause facilitys and games, free drinks happy days

Enjoy!!

LOL at the extra padding on the way back Hilltoppers :D

Hi just back from azura on the delayed bham flight. 14 hours late out 3 hours late back. one drink out one drink back sorry not my idea of liberal and food was awful would rather pull my toenails out with a pair of rusty pliers and i told the cabin steward. He informed me that they had complained about the food boxes and got nowhere i would not fly with thomson ever again.Hope you have better luck.:mad:

Sounds like a mixed bag of reviews on Thompson Charter flights then..

Some good ones, some not so good.

It is good to hear that many say that the leg room is ok in the standard seats, as that is my prime concern being a tall 6'1 geezer.

Hopefully when the seat in front reclines there is still enough room and the seat isn't crammed against your knees ?

Really not looking forward to the cramped flight, but looking forward to the Caribbean once we get there.

Archived