Switching cabins after booking ES

Haven't booked yet but will book ES. The dang balcony I wanted made a significant one day price jump. What happens if I book OV Early Saver and see a new Balcony rate decrease I like? Can I switch to balcony?

I know I can book balcony and watch to see if it goes down but don't know if I want to take that gamble.

Thanks!

Haven't booked yet but will book ES. The dang balcony I wanted made a significant one day price jump. What happens if I book OV Early Saver and see a new Balcony rate decrease I like? Can I switch to balcony?

I know I can book balcony and watch to see if it goes down but don't know if I want to take that gamble.

Thanks!

As long it's a "upgrade" i think you can

I did upgrade from a 4H to a Cove balcony last week, no administrative fees.

Thanks!

If you book Early Saver and an OceanView Cabin: If the fare for the coveted Balcony dropsw to/below your ES OceanView fare, you can upgrade and collect any fare difference. If the Fare fior the Balcony drops to an affordable level, but above your ES OceanView fare you can pay the difference and upgrade. You are looking at ES fare drops and drops in any of the bookings that you're eligible for (Past Guest, 55+, Resident, Military). This does not apply to "Guarantee" fares! ken

hhhmmm... when a higher deck cabin became available in the same catagory, I tried to call and get moved but they told me NO unless I wanted to pay a $50PP change fee...I told them NO....they said with ES I could not change cabins unless I paid that fee....

Marsha

hhhmmm... when a higher deck cabin became available in the same catagory, I tried to call and get moved but they told me NO unless I wanted to pay a $50PP change fee...I told them NO....they said with ES I could not change cabins unless I paid that fee....

Marsha

Then whoever you talked to didn't know what they were talking about. I always book 4A, wait for price drops and move up to 4H on the Lido. Never been charged any additional fee. You are only charged that $50 if you move to a different cruise entirely. And as previously stated, I just recently changed cabins for a different reason, and no charges. If they are still available, I would call again. Do you have a PVP? Call them.

Marsha

Marsha - The $50pp fee applies to Cancelling an ES booking an re-scheduling to a different ship/date. There really shouldn't be a problem if you want to change cabins within the same "sub-category" - meaning going from (for example) a CAT 4B to a different CAT 4B. Also, if the fare for a category above yours drops to/below your ES fare, you can take the upgrade and credit for any difference in the fare. If it's you're PVP saying this I'd ask for a supervisor or just call the 800 number for a random agent. ken

I just found out Carnival gave me a 150$ refund (50$ pp x 3).

Back in may i was charge administrative fees because i switch Liberty (4H) to Dream (4H)... that was ok.

Last week i decide to upgrade to a Cove balcony (7C), no fees and i found out this morniong on my cc statement that they reimbursed the prior fees !

Is it a mistake from Carnival ?

I am alittle disgusted hearing this news...I did have a PVP we booked with but apparently she is no longer there because every time I put in her extension, I get the generic message again and someone new picks it up....when I ask about her, they act dumb and say "let me help you now"...I had been using her for many trips too....

the cabin I wanted is no longer available...go figure...we sail in 2 1/2 weeks....but she was adamant that we had to pay if we wanted to switch cabins....I can't even compare rates anymore as the entire catagory is sold out....cat 4J....

oh well, I am just glad to be getting out of this cold weather for a vacation soon!!! :)

Marsha

Nuts, Marsha! Sounds like she might not be at Carnival anymore for good reason.

I've used the same PVP for the last 7 cruises and I like her very much. However, I always do my homework here on CC before I call her to book:D.

I also have her email address...so if anything happens, if I don't get an email response, I'm gonna pretty much know. I'd sure miss her, though...she does a great job with my group.

Archived