Upsell call...and I was at a stupid hockey game.

Postman1963

I got the call to upgrade to an owners suite on the Spirit last night. I just called back and I missed the opportunity. I am still kicking my self. Oh well we are in aft penthouse 9212 so it is not a huge loss, but, darn it I have been eyeballing that suite for months now.

AJ

Just out of curiosity, how far out is your sailing? I always wonder when they start making the upsell calls. I got a call two weeks prior to my Alaska sailing on the Pearl. Is that about how far out your sailing is? Are you farther out, closer in?

They called at 7:30 last night while I was watching my Seattle Thunderbirds losing to the mighty Vancouver Giants. When I noticed the blinking light on my phone this morning and made the call it was too late. They wanted 800 dollars to upgrade. I most likely would have turned it down ( my limit was 500) and I had offered that on two earlier occasions by calling my PCC. I am perfectly happy with our aft penthouse and have been looking forward to it since we got back from our May 2010 Alaska cruise on the Pearl.

Next cruise will probably be the Pacific Coastal on the Star in September '11.

AJ

Changed my primary phone number to my cell phone. We will be in Florida 6 days before the cruise. Also have an Aft Suite....I will probably be on 'big thunder mountain' when they call and won't be able to reach my phone.....5 day cruise...hoping for $400 or $500 upgrade...oh well, we shall see...

They called at 7:30 last night while I was watching my Seattle Thunderbirds losing to the mighty Vancouver Giants. When I noticed the blinking light on my phone this morning and made the call it was too late. They wanted 800 dollars to upgrade. I most likely would have turned it down ( my limit was 500) and I had offered that on two earlier occasions by calling my PCC. I am perfectly happy with our aft penthouse and have been looking forward to it since we got back from our May 2010 Alaska cruise on the Pearl.

Next cruise will probably be the Pacific Coastal on the Star in September '11.

AJ

Just out of curiosity, if you have caller ID, what was the name and phone number (if any) on your phone.

Archived