Upgrades

Iain1873

When booking we were asked by our TA if we would accept an upgrade to higher standard of cabin if one were available , to which we said yes as we booked on a budget and have an inside 3-berth cabin for my OH son and myself (have done before and i don't have an issue with using one again) , and given that we are departing in July i realise that it's unlikey we would be upgraded - just wondering does this happen regulalrly ??

I'd be delighted to be upgraded to a balcony never having had one before (only windows) but i'm curious to hear if anyone has actually had an upgrade and of so how and when did you find out about it ??

If you agree, at time of booking, to accept please note that this can not be refused, evn if you do not like the position of the upgraded cabin. Your original cabin will most likely have been sold to someone else before you are informed of the ugrade.

Good advice is always to refuse the request.

You could still be offered and upgrade by P&O for operational reasons

When booking we were asked by our TA if we would accept an upgrade to higher standard of cabin if one were available , to which we said yes as we booked on a budget and have an inside 3-berth cabin for my OH son and myself (have done before and i don't have an issue with using one again) , and given that we are departing in July i realise that it's unlikey we would be upgraded - just wondering does this happen regulalrly ??

I'd be delighted to be upgraded to a balcony never having had one before (only windows) but i'm curious to hear if anyone has actually had an upgrade and of so how and when did you find out about it ??

We were upgraded on the Ventura. We were travelling on the 5th November 2010, on the 4th November we were called by our travel agent to advise we had been upgraded from an inside to an outside cabin:D

Have had many upgrades, but never with P+O

Hi jodanuke, I think the reason for putting your cruise history on your signature is so that people know how experienced you are at cruising, and may be they could ask you specific questions about ships you have been on......just a thought...not a critisim :)

We have cruised 16 times with P&O and had 2 upgrades. Inside F to inside C and best of all - our latest cruise on Ventura - inside B to outside E. We wern't allocated a cabin until 2 weeks before then got a call from T/A a few days before we flew out. We were more than happy to make ourselves new luggage labels!

Our friends got upgraded from balcony to superior balcony on this cruise. Very nice.

I think you have more chance of upgrades on the bigger ships.

We were upgaded once on Arcadia from a restricted view to a normal outside cabin. We found out when the travel documents arrived at the Travel Agent. It was a much nicer cabin but there was a downside though as it was below the place where the suitcases are unloaded at Southampton. We were woken on the final morning at about 5:30am with all the noise which is not what you want before the long drive home.

hi there

we were upgraded in december this year on arcadia, we were booked in an inside cabin (3 of us, as you are ) on the day before, p&o booking office rang to ask if we would like a balcony cabin for £100 extra :D the reason given was that so many people had cancelled at the last minute because of the weather.

... of course i hesitated before saying yesssssss!!:rolleyes: had a great time as never been in a balcony cabin before.

we are also booked for july this year but i don't think it will happen at that time of the year. the ship will no doubt be fully booked.. boo hoo!

Archived