Looking to cruise to Caribbean with the kids, need recommendations

JRockey76

Hello,we are looking to take our 2 kids to the Caribbean in 2012. They will be almost 15, and 12 at that time. We sailed once to the western side with royal caribbean sans kids and loved it and would like to take them now. We are looking for suggestions on which itinerary, cruiseline, and ship would be best for them. We were thinking southern caribbean, and I had thought I saw a 9-11 night cruise out of san juan with celebrity before that went to ports such as St. Thomas/Marten, St. Lucia, Barbados, etc...but I can't seem to find that itinerary anymore for 2012. So this is where I ask for help, any suggestions on the above would be great! Thanks!!!

Celebrity doesn't have nearly the kid-friendly amenities that Royal Caribbean has. For kids that age, I would say one of the larger ships of Royal Caribbean such as Adventure or Freedom. Plenty for teens to love and parents to do.

I'd go with Royal Caribbean southern itinerary on Radiance...but I might be biased because it's our favorite itinerary. The one we like the most leaves out of San Juan and has one sea day then goes to Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Croix, and back to San Juan.

What time of year are you looking at? All of the cruise lines except Royal and Carnival pull out of the Caribbean in late spring and send their ships to Alaska and Europe. That may be why you can't find that Celebrity itinerary. And many cruise lines haven't released their 2012 itineraries yet. EM

Archived