Getting Wedding Supplies on the Ship

I have asked this a few times and it seems I can never get a straight answer. How did you guys get all your things aboard the ship (flowers, favors, cds, etc)? I have been told by carnival that I have to do so in the carryon bag. My fiance andI are the only ones sailing and there is no way I can fit everything into two carry-ons.

You can have more than two carry ons. As long as you can carry it, you can bring it. I had a big rolling bag that I put all the fragile stuff in. It cleared through the scanner with no problems. If you are getting married on the same day as debarkation, have some of your guests help carry on some of your things.

If your not getting married on embarkation and you are carrying on your flowers, make sure they can get to them easy. You are not allowed to bring live flowers, and when they saw my flowers on the x-ray, I had to open everything and prove they were fake. (You may be able to bring live flowers for an embarkation wedding, I do not know the specifics, I just know I could not bring live flowers out of the USA to get married).

We carried on EVERYTHING wedding related, I had 4 rolling suit cases, and 2 boxes, as well as all of the attire. I had people cruising with us though, so juggling everything through security was not an issue, it was when everyone left me and the items on the Lido deck to go do their own thing. Figuring out how to get everything to the suite was a challenge. :) We all went through together, and no one said anything about the amount of items we were carrying on.

Make it managable for the two of you, and you will be just fine, enjoy your wedding!!!

My BF ordered a hand cart or luggage carrier on line from Sears. Very lite but sturdy.Carried 2 big wheelies, 2 carryons plus 2 cases of wine for a long cruise. I do not know who the misinformed soul was that said 2 carryons but you can bring as much as you yourself can carry on. No porters/ longshoremen allowed to enter ship.

Archived