Coral Princess Hotel - San Juan

Denali2003

Hello, DH and I and another couple will be staying at the Coral Princess Hotel in San Juan after our cruise.

Has anyone been there? What do you think? Do they have a shuttle service into town? If not, how far & how much is a cab?

Thank you for your help.:)

this is in Condado area right? We stayed here 1 night post cruise about 3 years ago. It was cute place, really nice courtyards with flowers, etc. They have a small pool, but we were the only ones there and it was clean. We walked about 2 blocks to a beach, it was nice we rented chairs. The water was too rough for us though so we went back to the pool. We walked a few blocks to an Italian Rest and had dinner. I am not sure about a shuttle as we only stayed one night. We got a taxi to the airport. I can't remember the price or time it took, but it was not anything bad, maybe 20 min or so? It is not close to the ship really, so have to take a taxi and there is not much to do in that area that you can walk too, other than the beach and a few places to eat.

We wanted to relax though that day and it was fine for us. We stay in OSJ the day before the cruise and walk,shop, etc...so the last day is our relax day! I will try to post some pics on here for you, if i can figure it out!

Thank you for the feed back and pictures. That pool is TINY.

How is the rest of the hotel? Is the staff nice? Rooms clean? The picture you put of the room, please tell me there are 2 beds in that room. They look like small beds.

How far away is it from Old San Juan?

Your pictures seem more real than the ones on their website. Any suggestions of other places to stay?

Thank you for your help! :)

i remember the room being clean. The bed was small, maybe a full or queen? Not sure...when you booked the room online, did it say what size bed? The hotel was really nice. The pool was about the size of a pool you may have in your yard. It was not fancy or anything but really nice

the staff was nice too

I think it was about 20 min maybe from ship....it was a few years ago and I can't be sure.

the only other places we have stayed are in Old San Juan. We stayed at Da House Hotel, which is very unique, but probably not what you are looking for. It is an old, boutique hotel with lots of stairs and on top of salsa club. There are a lot of choices for hotels in OSJ. That is right by the ship and lots of activities.

We'll be staying there for the first time in Feb. The hotel gets very good reviews and includes breakfast - that's a bonus for us.

I read that it's on a bus route and only 75 cents/pp to go to Old San Juan. You have to pay attention to the schedule because it runs on the hour and only more often during rush hour. I don't have any information about Saturdays.

I also read it's about $18-$20 for a taxi from the airport and a similar amount to the Pan American pier, plus $1 for each bag. Even if this isn't up-to-date, I don't expect to pay more than $25 per trip for two people.

It seems like a good location for that area so I think it will be fine.

Thank you for the prices of the taxi and bus. We will be needing the taxi from the pier and then to the airport. We are staying there after our cruise. 2 friends of ours (a couple) are staying there as well. Hopefully we can get 4 people and 3 suit cases into the cab.

Hopefully we will only be in the room to sleep & take a shower. I believe I booked 2 double beds. I guess so long as they are clean and the hotel is clean.

Free breakfast was mentioned. COOL!!! I didn't remember reading that. When you go next month - let me know how it is. We will be there on March 20th (Sunday). We wanted to avoid the mad house of the airport on Sunday. It's Spring Break and all of the cruise lines come back on a Sunday. We did that last time. We had 5-6 hours before our flight left. We went straight to the airport. By the time we got checked in and to the gate - we only had to wait 45 min to board. It was insane!!

• 1 month later...

Curious to hear what you thought.

We are booked to stay here at the end of April for 2 days post cruise. A friend of mine who is SUPER hard to please was thrilled with this place a few years ago so we're taking a chance.

Every so often I get concerned and think I need to try priceline for a resort, but I try to calm myself down and remember that I'll be on vacation -as long as it's clean & quiet we will be fine!!

Archived