Elite

User Error

Thanks. Do you know if we will get our future cruise credit back?

I wasn't aware that you can purchase more than one FCC for each passenger. That costs us $300 in OBC once because we had already used our only one before learning that we could get more than one...an expensive mistake but they didn't tell us it was possible. :(

I wasn't aware that you can purchase more than one FCC for each passenger. That costs us $300 in OBC once because we had already used our only one before learning that we could get more than one...an expensive mistake but they didn't tell us it was possible. :(

You can buy as many as you want. We always have a couple more than we have plans for.

If you cancel the cruise, and insurance must pay, no, you will not get your FCC returned. The money you paid for the cruise is forfeited, and the insurance will reimburse what you lost if you cancelled for a covered reason, minus the insurance premium. I am gathering that this is after final payment date or well within the penalty phase to cancel?

Unfortunately only three days before we were to cruise. We were just hoping that we would retain the credit so that we would not have to pay the deposit for our next cruise. That's a bummer!

I'm guessing you don't like airline frequent flier programs either, or credit card cash back programs, etc. You'd rather have a loyalty benefit NOW rather than actually exhibit some loyalty first?

Totally wrong and I suspect you probably havent read all the posts....:(

I'm all for loyalty programmes etc and understand why they are in place, I merely asked what they were and upon finding out asked if better things (such as discounts) would be better appreciated than smaller offerings.

At no time did I mention that I should get the same- I return to any company if I like what they're selling. And if I'm rewarded for loyalty with little perks then great, however I wouldnt keep going back so I could clock up the "miles" just to get the perks.

If I wanted the perks badly enough, I could as some have suggested just take my vacation in a full suite......

I dont really get it.

I'm a first time cruiser on Princess and have paid a lot of money to go on this cruise yet I will see others getting something that I've not "qualified" for.

Doesnt make me feel like coming back.

Surely it would be better to reward "Elite" etc with slightly discounted prices/upgrades etc.

Some of us dont have the money or indeed time because of work etc to cruise all the time.

Seems a bit snobby and silly to me.....

Nothing against any of you folks here who enjoy these perks just my own personal thoughts- I dont feel its a good way of attracting new customers...

At no time did I mention that I should get the same- I return to any company if I like what they're selling.

I believe this infers that you wanted the same perks because of the money you paid.

Absolutely not.

I remarked that as a first time cruiser without the inside information that I now have I would be wondering what all these cocktail meetings etc were about and why some people were allowed in and the majority not, despite everyone having paid the same (ish) amount for the cruise.

It was an observation thats all....nothing more, nothing less.

Please dont get offended by anything Ive said

My Job dictates that I would never be able to notch up the cruises required.

However, I certainly do see the logic behind rewarding returning customers- just not sure that some of the perks ARE perks!!!

When you retire you will be able to cruise to your hearts content. Most of the passengers that have made it to "Elite" status got there after retiring, not while actively working full time.

Jim

You can buy as many as you want. We always have a couple more than we have plans for.

We found out after losing that $300 OBC for both of us because they never mentioned being able to purchase multiple FCCs. :( After discovering that fact & purchasing more than one per person, we could have canceled our prior booking & rebooked. Although to earn that $300 OBC would have meant a big price increase of many, many times more than that amount...and we're not that crazy. :rolleyes:

I should have participated earlier in CC boards so I would have learned about being able to have more than one from experienced folks like you. We now have at least 2 for each of us ready to book more cruises.

I dont really get it.

I'm a first time cruiser on Princess and have paid a lot of money to go on this cruise yet I will see others getting something that I've not "qualified" for.

Surely it would be better to reward "Elite" etc with slightly discounted prices/upgrades etc.

Some of us dont have the money or indeed time because of work etc to cruise all the time.

Nothing against any of you folks here who enjoy these perks just my own personal thoughts- I dont feel its a good way of attracting new customers...

The perks are not to attract "new" customers....they are there to attract "returning" coustomers. You start to get "perks" on your second cruise.

Absolutely not.

I remarked that as a first time cruiser without the inside information that I now have I would be wondering what all these cocktail meetings etc were about and why some people were allowed in and the majority not, despite everyone having paid the same (ish) amount for the cruise.

My CC experience shows me that the longer a thread becomes, the less likely that recent posters take the time to read all of the comments. Like me when I was new, it was a learning curve for me & hopefully you'll now understand others opinions about your original post. So despite your recent comments, you may still get answers directed towards your original post.

Hope that you're next thread or posts will be more enjoyable & informative because there's so much great info to be shared and that you'll enjoy cruising as much as those on these CC Boards. I replied to your recently created 'Draft Drinks and Prices' thread & hope you'll get more input soon...Bon Voyage! :D

I dont really get it.

Then don't spend your money on Princess cruises if you feel this way. I am sure other cruise lines will enjoy having you. However, most also offer perks programs.

I hope I'm not the only one who does this but when I'm walking down the hallways do you look to see how many black or gold nameplates are on the cabin doors. And, when someone is presenting their key-card do you look to see what color it is?

Talk about snobbery!!!! :rolleyes:

I look at teh doors for sure....not the cruise card....except my own and say to myself.......one cruise down *** to the next level. LOL

Boy, you talk about a silly question, here goes: I'm Elite and my daughter, who is traveling with me is not. Will the nameplate on the door reflect my status and hers separately. Usually, when it's my husband and me it's Mr. & Mrs. with black on our name plate. Will there be two names each showing a different color?

I told you it was silly. But, I 'm still curious and want to know the answer.

I think they will be different. When Mom and I went to Mexico, I had a gold nameplate and she had a blue one.

Absolutely not.

Then don't spend your money on Princess cruises if you feel this way. I am sure other cruise lines will enjoy having you. However, most also offer perks programs.

Your opinions are none of my business & I agree with them in relation to the OP's original question, so hopefully this doesn't offend you. However OP's recent posts such as the one above indicates they are newbies to cruising & CC and that they've learned from this discussion. Hopefully they'll be better informed the next time & submit a better worded and less controversial question. ;)

Gold is good -- only the Blue has no tiara! You need to take a couple of quick repos -- SF/Vancouver followed by Vancouver to SEA! They will make you Platinum very quickly.

I am still at gold.....can't I wear my itty bitty tiara out and about?:p

Your opinions are none of my business & I agree with them in relation to the OP's original question, so hopefully this doesn't offend you. However OP's recent posts such as the one above indicates they are newbies to cruising & CC and that they've learned from this discussion. Hopefully they'll be better informed the next time & submit a better worded and less controversial question. ;)

No offense taken. When I read further down, I realized that he realized he worded it badly. Unfortunately my responses had already been posted.:D

Boy, you talk about a silly question, here goes: I'm Elite and my daughter, who is traveling with me is not. Will the nameplate on the door reflect my status and hers separately. Usually, when it's my husband and me it's Mr. & Mrs. with black on our name plate. Will there be two names each showing a different color?

I told you it was silly. But, I 'm still curious and want to know the answer.

The nameplate will reflect the higher status (in your case, black). If you take advantage of the laundry perk, remember to use your name (and not your daughter's) when you send your laundry out.

No offense taken. When I read further down, I realized that he realized he worded it badly. Unfortunately my responses had already been posted.:D

He He...It got everyone talking though...which I'm sure is what a forum is all about.

Wasnt out to offend anyone at anytime...

I now of course realise that the subject matter is quite dear to some peoples hearts judging from their responses and apologise whole heartingly if I ruffled any feathers..

But to finish...just want to say...I cannot wait for my cruise to the Fjords and know I'm gonna love the Princess product......

If anyone wants me, I'll be in the I.C...........;)

I will become Elite at the end of my cruise next week. I know that mini-bar selections are made available to these passengers, but can they be substituted with other beverages? DH and I don't drink liquor - only wine, and he will enjoy an occasional beer. We rarely drink soda; in fact, the only time that I drank soda on a cruise was when I felt nauseous and had ginger ale. It's not a deal-breaker, by any means, but I'm curious about options.

Chris

I will become Elite at the end of my cruise next week. I know that mini-bar selections are made available to these passengers, but can they be substituted with other beverages? DH and I don't drink liquor - only wine, and he will enjoy an occasional beer. We rarely drink soda; in fact, the only time that I drank soda on a cruise was when I felt nauseous and had ginger ale. It's not a deal-breaker, by any means, but I'm curious about options.

Chris

Chris, this link will take you to the new (actually not so new) rules about mini bars and changing them out. http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJkWPejbYRWORNaN9sYUtMT5g25mIANj

Archived