Chocolate Melting Cake question

dansu

My Hubby was reading the sample menus online and was concerned that he couldn't find his favourite Chocolate Melting Cake.

We are expected to sail on the Freedom, Jan 29th; could someone please confirm if CCL still serves this dessert.

Thanks

Suzi

I am just off the Freedom (Jan 9th) and it was on the menu every night. However, I didn't find it as tasty as I did on the Triumph in March. This was only my second cruise so I'm not really sure how it is supposed to be, but on the Freedom I found it to be more cakey (more done) than the Triumph.

I am just off the Freedom (Jan 9th) and it was on the menu every night. However, I didn't find it as tasty as I did on the Triumph in March. This was only my second cruise so I'm not really sure how it is supposed to be, but on the Freedom I found it to be more cakey (more done) than the Triumph.

I agree it's not the same every time. When I was on Paradise, it was the opposite of cakey. It was just the thinnest shell, and the rest was the melted stuff. I liked this kind the least, but I haven't had it too cakey.

Of course I still ordered it a time or 2 on every cruise, just so I could compare.;)

You prob. don't want to know how many calories or you wouldn't eat it then. It isn't really a cake. I'd compare it more of a very thick dark, dark, chocolate dense custard that is slightly hard on top. I love chocolate but I rarely can finish my dessert because it is so chocolately.

I agree it's not the same every time. When I was on Paradise, it was the opposite of cakey. It was just the thinnest shell, and the rest was the melted stuff. I liked this kind the least, but I haven't had it too cakey.

Of course I still ordered it a time or 2 on every cruise, just so I could compare.;)

YUM!! That's how it was on the Triumph! Thin shell with all melt inside! :D

It is so good. Oh my god. I made it at home, and it was just so rich and gooey . Mmm:D:D:D:D:p

We made it too, I watched the video that Host Mach posted of John Heald's blog...turned out perfect! sooo good! :D

Barry

We made it too, I watched the video that Host Mach posted of John Heald's blog...turned out perfect! sooo good! :D

Barry

In the past month did 3 cruises and yes on the menu every night. Best of all did Chef's Table on the Destiny Jan 1 and we made it as our dessert - awesome and surely now have all the ingredients needed:p.....wow

Chris

My Hubby was reading the sample menus online and was concerned that he couldn't find his favourite Chocolate Melting Cake.

We are expected to sail on the Freedom, Jan 29th; could someone please confirm if CCL still serves this dessert.

Thanks

Suzi

Just got off a few days ago and YES it is still there in all its fattening glorious gooey yummy form, I swear that is one of the main reasons we stay with Carnival.

Just got off a few days ago and YES it is still there in all its fattening glorious gooey yummy form, I swear that is one of the main reasons we stay with Carnival.

We've had it on NCL, Disney, and Celebrity in the past 1 1/2 yrs. And yes, it was on the menu in Dec on the CCL Liberty. Everyone ordered a dessert and that every night!!

8 ounces semisweet chocolate

1 cup (2 sticks) butter

7 eggs, divided use

6 tablespoons sugar

1/2 cup flour

Vanilla ice cream, for serving

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt chocolate and butter; cool 10 minutes.

In separate bowl, mix 4 eggs with sugar. Whisk. Add flour and whisk. Add remaining 3 eggs. Add egg mixture to chocolate mixture. Pour in individual baking cups or ramekins.

Bake until just done, about 15-20 minutes (interior will be melting, not set).

Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Makes 8 servings. Approximate nutritional values per serving: 460 calories (64.7 percent calories from fat), 8 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 27 g sugar, 2 g dietary fiber, 35 g fat, 250 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium.

Source: Carnival Cruises/bb.affordabletours.com

Thanks

Suzi

CMC is listed on the menu under "Carnival Classics" and can be ordered every day.....and aren't we glad about that....yummy

Archived