Pearl

boca7

Going on the Pearl with lg family 11/20 to celebrate an occasion, 7 day western, can anyone tell me if there are formal nights, or someone mentioned a more formal dining room or even a specialty rest to celebrate . We are 20 plus in grp. Also can you bring wine & champagne on board?

Going on the Pearl with lg family 11/20 to celebrate an occasion, 7 day western, can anyone tell me if there are formal nights, or someone mentioned a more formal dining room or even a specialty rest to celebrate . We are 20 plus in grp. Also can you bring wine & champagne on board?

Hi boca. The Pearl is a wonderful ship. My Pearl cruise was my fourth, two with Carnival and two with NCL. This is the only ship of the four that I would quickly cruise a second time. I understand that NCL has a policy that you can bring a limited amount of wine on board but I will leave that to others who are more in the know of that policy. I have only brought soda on with me in the past. There is at least on formal night but you are not required to dress up (freestyle). There are two formal dining rooms MDR's. Indigo's and Summer Palace. Summer Palace has a dress code, no shorts and I think sandals. Indigo's has a relaxed dress code. You do not pay in these two dining rooms unless you have soda or alcohol. There are specialty restaurants where you pay a fee. You can read more about the Pearl in my review listed in my signature. Have a great cruise.

DSCF2066-1.jpg

Indigo's

DSCF2068-1.jpg

Chicken Parmesan

DSCF2061.jpg

DSCF2063.jpg

NCL will confiscate alcohol and if you pack it in checked luggage, your luggage will go to the naughty room and wait there for you to collect it (and it's a long line). I know Princess allows a certain number of bottles of wine per person, but I don't think NCL does, and they are very strict.

There should be 2 Dress Up or Not nights on a 7 night sailing. There are several great restaurants in which to celebrate, but all will carry a per person upcharge except the 2 MDRs. Summer Palace was deemed the dressier MDR (no jeans) but we foudn the noise level in there to be too loud to enjoy our meal (very high ceilings and many loud groups). Indigo is much smaller, and the one we prefered. LeBistro (French) and Cagneys (steakhouse) are popular upcharge restaurants for celebrations. You would definitely need a reservation in any of the restaurants for a group of that size, and should probably make that the day you board the ship.

You would be served well by scrolling through some posts from the past week r so.

No formal nights.

Archived