Where to eat and relax in Grand Cayman?

dwolfe12345

Hello All,

My wife and I are going to the Cayman Islands on an up coming feb cruise. I have not been there in over 10 years so I am lost. We are thinking about just creating our own excursion once we arrive. I have searched through all of the excursions offered by Carnival and nothing is jumping out at me in GC. Does anyone have any answers on a nice place to get off the ship and just hang out and grab some nice lunch? We are looking to kind of do the "Progresso experience" as we call it in GC. We had a blast just getting off the boat, wondering around town for a bit, and then going down to Buddy's to have a beer on the beach and miggle with the locals. As for food preferences, I am looking for foods in the Carribean/Jerk/Seafood type categories but would be open to anyone's opinion. I am the type that has to research all of my options before I make a decision. I act like it's my last vacation or something! haha We have been on 3 cruises in just over a yea,r so I know I should relax a bit BUT I can't. I'm just ready to get on the boat and get away from work for a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on Critics! I know someone has some opinions of favorite spots to eat and relax in Grand Cayman. I know everyone has their "favorite" little spot and doesn't want to let the cat out of the bag but nows the time to help a fellow member out.

Loved this place and I so enjoying watching it on my computer everyday.

Reef Bar and Grill or Royal Palm. When we were their they didn't have a pool but now they do. We had a great lunch, sat on the beach in their beach chairs enjoying the sun, we swam and had a few cocktails.. Nice people..

http://www.reefgrill.net/

Enter the site

Then on the left side look at the go to Beach Webcam and check out this place. This is where we spent the day. During the week you can see all the cruise ships that are in port. One day last week there were 6 ships in port. It's fun to watch from 3:00 to 4:00 Caymen time and watch all the ships sail.

Texnewbie

To relax away from the crowds go to The Sunset House. We went there to snorkel and had lunch and relaxed before heading back to the ship. There was all but 12 people there at the water front patio.

DAMN YOU

You let the secret out . . . .

next time I go and there are 20 people there I'm gonna remember you!!!!!

http://sunsethouse.com/

I've been going here for over 20 years . . . best dive people on the island

but don't tell . . .

Loved this place and I so enjoying watching it on my computer everyday.

Reef Bar and Grill or Royal Palm. When we were their they didn't have a pool but now they do. We had a great lunch, sat on the beach in their beach chairs enjoying the sun, we swam and had a few cocktails.. Nice people..

http://www.reefgrill.net/

Enter the site

Then on the left side look at the go to Beach Webcam and check out this place. This is where we spent the day. During the week you can see all the cruise ships that are in port. One day last week there were 6 ships in port. It's fun to watch from 3:00 to 4:00 Caymen time and watch all the ships sail.

Texnewbie

What is the charge for this resort?

What is the charge for this resort?

It's not a resort it's just an Ocean Front Restaurant with Dining and Entertainment and a pool. To rent a chair with umbrella I think it was $12.00 for the 2 of us...

Sorry, Did realize that someone had already posted the information...

Check out the webcam

http://www.reefgrill.net/netcam/index.html

There are 3 ships in Port and so much fun to watch...

Texnewbie

We have been to Grand Cayman several times, and just were there this month on the Jewel. Went to Royal Palms (either walk, which was easy, or cab is $4 per person). We did love the pool with lovely padded loungers (looked like sectionals), some with curtains for shade. No admission charge, but pay to rent chairs, get food or drink. We will go there from now on. They say it is really crowded, but we went about 9am and it didn't start getting crowded until after noon. Very high quality for a beach club.

Archived