Room Service for Morning Coffee

lalandes

Room service is complimentary, there will be a room service menu in your stateroom (no matter what category cabin you have booked). You can just hang out the door order form each evening before bed and have your coffee delivered within a 30 minute time spam, some days it might be early, others a little closer to the end of that 30 minutes. I wouldn't count on it being delivered right at the 'exact' time each morning though. No charge, but a small tip is greatfully accepted. ;)

I will be on the diamond soon and haven't been on any princess ship so where is the closest place to get coffee if I don't want to wait for room service? Also, If the times on the menu says 7:00 does that mean I could get my coffee between 6:30 and 7:00 OR 7:00 - 7:30 - thanks :)

On the Grand last November, RS often came up to 15 minutes earlier than the time I checked on the card. No more than 5 minutes later than the start time I checked off, as I remember.

I will be on the diamond soon and haven't been on any princess ship so where is the closest place to get coffee if I don't want to wait for room service? Also, If the times on the menu says 7:00 does that mean I could get my coffee between 6:30 and 7:00 OR 7:00 - 7:30 - thanks :)

Without knowing where your cabin is located it's kinda' difficult to direct you to the closest location for coffee. Horizon Court is where we go to fill our travel mugs with coffee or tea when we don't order room service.

The room service door knob hanger lists times in a range: 7:00-7:30, 7:30-8:00, etc. If you would like a delivery prior to a time frame listed, just write it in and room service will do their best to accommodate your wishes.

Lew

Our favorite part of the cruise...coffee on the balcony in the morning. AHHHHHHHHH! On our Oasis cruise in November, if you did not order the day ahead, it took 45-60 minutes to get it if you were to wait and call that morning.

And believe it or not, we prefer Princess coffee over whatever was on the Oasis...it was terrible. We stopped getting room service (bummer) and went to either Promenade Cafe or the coffee bar that was in the Promenade.

We are looking forward to Princess coffee in July in Alaska...hopefully we will be able to use the balcony to drink it if it is warm enough. :)

Our favorite part of the cruise...coffee on the balcony in the morning. AHHHHHHHHH! WIsh I was on a cruise now.

Sublime, LisaH......wife and I drink the coffee and take turns in the shower.Realized last cruise (about 3 mos) that they "list" delivery times

starting around 7 a.m. but found as a previous poster stated, you can fill

in an earlier time and it appears as if by magic. I tend to over-tip for this

service as I am even uglier (hard to believe) at 6a.m. than the rest of the

day. Must be a frightful experience for young people from different cultures...although ugly is a universal language:)

This is a ritual with us - we always order a pot of coffee, a pot of tea, some fruit and some pastry for delivery at X time in the morning. Once thing we have found out is to make we'll be up before the time we marked because in our experience the knock on the door is almost always 5-10 minutes before the time we marked.

As skippy mentioned - walking in on us when we're just getting up probably isn't worth whatever tip we give! Maybe they need one of those openings in the door they can just slide the tray through - like a prison. It would be more humane for the staff!

You can try ringing room service and requesting a standing order for your coffee at the same time each day. There's no guarantee it will arrive at the exact time each day, but usually within 5 or 10 minutes. :)

This is exactly what we have done on all of our cruises. My DH calls RS on the first day and sets up a time when we want the coffee. They are usually right on time but there is times that it is a 5-10 minute delay. Not a biggie.

Marilyn

This is a ritual with us - we always order a pot of coffee, a pot of tea, some fruit and some pastry for delivery at X time in the morning. Once thing we have found out is to make we'll be up before the time we marked because in our experience the knock on the door is almost always 5-10 minutes before the time we marked.

As skippy mentioned - walking in on us when we're just getting up probably isn't worth whatever tip we give! Maybe they need one of those openings in the door they can just slide the tray through - like a prison. It would be more humane for the staff!

We will probably start pre-ordering from now on. Thanks for the laugh...

Without knowing where your cabin is located it's kinda' difficult to direct you to the closest location for coffee. Horizon Court is where we go to fill our travel mugs with coffee or tea when we don't order room service.

The room service door knob hanger lists times in a range: 7:00-7:30, 7:30-8:00, etc. If you would like a delivery prior to a time frame listed, just write it in and room service will do their best to accommodate your wishes.

Lew

oh, i guess that would help, i'm on diamond princess room B420 midship

Archived