Carnival ships not stopping at Belize News release

katiecat

We are booked with IM for the ziplining tour also in Roatan, where did you end up going snorkeling? Also we would like to have some pictures taken of us ziplining but now sure just how to quite manage that, is there a guide that can use your camera and snap pictures? I am so looking forward to doing this excursion! And one more thing, was it hard to find your excursion guide?

No snorkeling on our tour; spent time on the beach at Turquoise Bay (jet skis optional), but never made it to our second beach stop, where snorkeling was offered. TB beach was beautiful and basically deserted, so it was truly like paradise. The tour listed 30 mins. there, but our group liked it so much, we spent over an hr. We also saw a few look-out points and visited the Iguana farm. Our guide was very flexible, stopping at a local store when we asked and just "going with the flow". Ziplining was at Pirates of the Caribbean (extreme course). There are two guides to complete the course with each group; I'm sure they would help you take pictures. My daughter wore sunglasses with an integrated video camera, so she filmed the whole thing (of course, only her hands were visible, but she got great video of my husband). We initially checked in at the tour booth as directed, then just had to walk a short way to find the guide, who was waiting with an Island Mktg. sign. You'll have a great time!

Jessicas mom,

Well I feel better about the cave tubing. We have it booked through cave-tubing dot com. Which I have read many positives reviews, but I guess everyone can have a bad day every once in a while, just hope its not the day we are there. :D We have also booked the canopy ziplining tour in Roatan with Island Marketing. Due to the time difference and the time they assigned us to meet, we will just barely make the zipline and have to head back to the ship.

Glad I can provide a chuckle! Honestly, it was such a fun thing to do, the crummy equipment didn't matter that much. DH didn't even notice the other tours until DD pointed out the nice big blue tubes and the bright lights they had. Sorry you won't have much time to explore Roatan, but the ride to whichever zipline you're doing will certainly offer some beautiful views.

Any news about Belize stops? We are on the Glory to Western Caribbean next week. I wonder when did you learn that you won't stop in Belize but somewhere else like at Costa Maya? Will this be on the ship or perhaps till the end of this week - I mean a few days before the cruise? Thank you!

hey black forest, there was a post on another thread (roll call for glory) that tells us everything. the poster got off the ship on sunday (glory - same cruise as ours) and they were told when they boarded the ship on sunday that changes could be possible. Apparently an announcement was made on monday and not only did they drop belize they changed grand caymen from friday to wednesday. if you have booked excursions id get in touch with them. Still happy to be cruising on Sunday but not impressed by the way carnival is handling this

I just got home from the legend and when we arrived at the port a paper was handed out saying there may be a change. We found out the change on monday evening that instead of Belize we were going to Costa Maya.

There is not a thing wrong with going to Costa Maya but it would of been nice to know before we left.

Same thing here with our recent trip on the Valor. By delaying the announcement until we were already on board it certainly made things tougher to arrange non-cruise line excursions. But we made the best of our day and managed to spot one (or maybe two) sea turtles from our balcony.

*waves to katiecat* Hope you guys had as much fun as we did!

I just got home from the legend and when we arrived at the port a paper was handed out saying there may be a change. We found out the change on monday evening that instead of Belize we were going to Costa Maya.

There is not a thing wrong with going to Costa Maya but it would of been nice to know before we left.

So they didn't completely switch the itinerary just the two ports around?

Oh so sorry. We will be using Island Marketing in Roatan. Hope it turns out well.:o

No need to apologize, if you are anything like I am, after reading through so many posts I have a hard time remembering what the original post was all about!:)

This is the last sentence from an article on a Belizean News website. The article is dated Feb1, 2011.

This week, Legend is the only vessel from Carnival’s fleet that is scheduled to call in Belize with two thousand five hundred passengers.

http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/47760

The Carnival Dream is still on schedule to stop in Belize 1 week from today. We had already booked the cave tubing excursion, but I have reservations on going to shore. I really wish Carnival would just decide on changing to Grand Cayman instead due to all the controversy.

The Carnival Dream is still on schedule to stop in Belize 1 week from today. We had already booked the cave tubing excursion, but I have reservations on going to shore. I really wish Carnival would just decide on changing to Grand Cayman instead due to all the controversy.

According a recent review post of the Fun Times from the last Dream WEstern, they had a stop in Belize. These usually change if they shift to a Sea Day. Have not seen whether or not that was true or how they tendered. No one seemed to be making a fuss that they missed the port. But no reviews on the Carnival boards have said anything about it either.

Nice picture Wade...Thanks for the update on conditions.

Perhaps Carnival is not telling all they know. It seems the Belizeans know what ships are coming in or not.

It is not to Carnivals advantage for us to know of a change in advance. If we only find out that there is a change of itinerary once on board, we are more likely to book our new excursions through Carnival rather than booking independently.

Archived