What were your favorite AOS or Southern Caribbean excursions?

Just wondering which excursions were your favorites on the AOS -- booked either with the cruiseline or on your own? We did the five island itinerary two years ago and are now doing the Aruba, Curacao, St. Martin/St. Thomas itinerary.

Thanks!

Nancy

In St Maarten we just rented jeeps and did a tour of the island on our own. We also made some beach stops along the way. The road signs and a map of the island from the rental place made the maneuvering easy. We had previously done a tour on a bus and it was lame. We saw so much more on our own.

Whatever you decide...ENJOY!!!

Cindy ;)

I did that route back in October... Was a blast...

In Aruba try the all day 4x4 excursion... It makes for a LONG day but "Papa" makes it a blast... They don't care how hard you drive the jeeps, so have fun; just don't be the ones who get stuck. But you'll see a ton of sights on the island (oh yeah, wear old clothes you don't care about, you're going to get dirty). After your morning ride of the island, you get on a boat and go to a small island for an AWESOME lunch and snorkelling with a lot of very friendly fish. THEN... get back on AOS, clean up, eat (starchy foods, trust me), and head out for KuKuKaNu. WOW!!! It started out slow, but by the end of the night the bartenders had you spinning (hence the need for starchy foods)... Elvis the bus driver and the cowgirl in pink will keep you ROCKIN!!!

Then off to Curacao... I found this little company called Bounty Adventures (http://www.bountyadventures.com)... We weren't to pleased with the way this one started, 20 minutes taxi ride (included in the price), but once onboard, all was well. Capt. Perry had his sailboat in the wind. Got to do some more AWESOME snorkelling, tons of fish and a sunken tug boat; once again with a delicous lunch onboard (but don't eat too much yet) because the rope swing off of the boat was a ton of fun. I even got in some more snorkelling where I got a couple of conch shells to bring home (although you'll have to sneek them, so I was told).

Both ports were a blast, so long as you are ready to have fun...

MedCruz,

You are soooo right. The Kukoo bus pub crawl is a blast. Did it last year on a Brilliance PC cruise and doing it again on an AOS cruise (3/6/05). My fiance and I are taking my son and a college friend of his. Spread the fun! lololo

Mark & Janet

Forgot to mention that on our last cruise in St. Thomas we booked with Godfrey Tours and took a tour of the island, went to Magen's Bay and then shopping. In St. Maarten we started off by taking a cab to Marigot and enjoyed cafe au lait and croissants, shopped around the marketplace a bit, took a cab over to Orient Beach for awhile, then back to Front Street for a little shopping and had a guavaberry colada and escargots at...where else...L'escargot then back to the ship.

We wanted to do something different in St. Maarten and St. Thomas -- maybe another beach and not sure what to do in Aruba. We've never been to Curacao either.

Thanks -- keep the posts coming!

Hey Zark427

Do you remember how much the KuKuKaNu bus tour cost per person? Also this may be a silly question, what do we do with the 14 year old boys while we are on the shore getting blitzed :eek:

Does anyone remember how much the KuKuKaNu bus tour cost per person? Also this may be a silly question, what do we do with the 14 year old boys while we are on the shore getting blitzed :eek:

Go to RCI website. You can browse excursion info there: Here is the one you were asking about: http://shorex.rccl.com/RC/AvailList.asp?pmode=Browse&ShoreXSessionID=AC8740C2FE6D4696939D05EE01D4942B&pagreement=&pdest=CARIB&pdestname=Caribbean&pship=+&pvoyage=Sun+Mar+13+13%3A12%3A55+EST+2005&plksessionid=726C1CE9B6&pcur=USD&preflang=ENG&pport=AR+&pportname=Oranjestad%2C+Aruba&peventdate=Sun+Mar+13+13%3A09%3A35+EST+2005&pshorexid=317&pshorexdescid=20299&pshorextitle=Kukoo+Kunuku+Bar+Hop+%26+Dinner&padultamt=69&pchildamt=69&plocationtype=null This one includes dinner.

This one is just the bar crawl without dinner: http://shorex.rccl.com/RC/AvailList.asp?pmode=Browse&ShoreXSessionID=AC8740C2FE6D4696939D05EE01D4942B&pagreement=&pdest=CARIB&pdestname=Caribbean&pship=+&pvoyage=Sun+Mar+13+13%3A12%3A55+EST+2005&plksessionid=726C1CE9B6&pcur=USD&preflang=ENG&pport=AR+&pportname=Oranjestad%2C+Aruba&peventdate=Sun+Mar+13+13%3A09%3A35+EST+2005&pshorexid=7245&pshorexdescid=20300&pshorextitle=Aruba+Bar+%26+Pub+Crawl&padultamt=52&pchildamt=52&plocationtype=null

Note: 18 is the minimum age per RCI for these two excursions, even though a child price is listed. ?????

I agree with the others: We did the dinner and bar crawl - What a "hoot"!!!

Everyone get's very involved, thanks to the driver's enthusiasm. I have pictures of the Kukoo kunuku excursion at webshots (2004 AOS Album). Check them out by clicking on the link below.

Why not be a little adventurous and go to Trunk Bay on St. John? Take a taxi to Red Hook, St. Thomas over to St. John. There you can taxi to Trunk Bay. The beach is so incredible - never seen anything so beautiful! And the snorkeling there is wonderful. Then I'd suggest take the ferry back to Charlotte Amalie instead of Red Hook and do a little shopping before going back to the ship. Here is the ferry schedule: http://*****/general_usvi/interisland_ferry/

Archived