Bananarama?

sesasheep

What are all of your opinions on Bananarama? We are currently booked with NCL to go to Tabyana on their excursion but bananarama offers a package wuth transportation, a chair and a drink for 1/2 of the price of NCL. For thise of you that have done this, how long have you had to wait for the bus to fill to go to bananarama? was the transportation safe or did you feel your driver was unsafe? how is th facility conpared to tabyana?

i know you can snorkel from the beach at tabyana but what about bananarama?

thanks so much for your help

Bananarama is part of the West Bay beaches, just like Tabayana...it's a beautiful strip. They have a bar/restaurant there...we didn't eat there when we went, but it was open and right on the beach. You can snorkel from all the beaches, but the best snorkeling is at Tabayana (at least along that strip). We didn't take their transportation as we went with Victor Bodden, but I'm sure they're fine. You will most likely get a less crowded experience than with the ship tour, and for half the price, I would consider it. All those beaches are like heaven!

Let me see if I can get a couple of pics in here...

100_9435.jpg

100_9432.jpg

100_9441.jpg

Highly recommend Banaramama. Recently went there. We booked through them and not the ship. Husband and sons dove and I did the beach thing ($30 for transportation, beach chair, and 1 drink). Snorkling was $5 extra and easy to snorkle from the beach. E-mails were easy and fast. Met us outside the gate and took us there and asked what time we wanted to be back to the ship. Many locals selling things on the beach and there was a small gift shop. Very accomendating at the shop, wanted a shirt in a size that they did not have and they called someone and the correct size was delievered before we left the beach. Ate there and food was good. Told drinks were good and strong. Felt very safe and comfortable. Everone was helpful, freindly, and not pushy. Will definitately use them again.

Hello!

I have been to Bananarama twice and me, and everyone who came with me, absolutely loved it! We did our own transportation - $20 rt pp both time and felt completely safe. There's not a lot of traffic on the roads and the views are beautiful! Tabyana is on the same strip, so it's the same beautiful beach.

The best snorkeling is close to Banarama and Tabyana, but not right in front of either of them. You walk about 10 minutes south closer to the rocks and snorkel there - it is AMAZING! We have seen beautiful fish, turles, and even eels there.

On our own was the same price as what they offere btw, drink are about $5 per drink, and a chair was $5. Although one of the two times, we just laid our towels down on the beach. We bought drinks so they didn't care!

BTW, we are heading back to Bananarama again this september if that says anything.

We

Please be careful when you go to Bananarama - check your receipts from the Thirsty Turtle Bar and Grill - every single member of my group was overcharged - and by more than one server - I would not EVER go there again! I was there two weeks ago.

ok so we either are going to go to bananarama through them or take island marketings beach break for $32 per person. i have read that island marketing takes you to bananarama. are there any advantages with booking with island marketing or should i just go with bananarama direct.

thanks for all of your advice.

Archived