lounger on verandah?

heidik

There will be reclining chairs on the balcony, no actual lounger. Last I checked, they will not allow stewards to bring loungers from the pool deck for private use on your balcony. But the reclining chair and foot stool usually work quite well. Enjoy!

There will be reclining chairs on the balcony, no actual lounger. Last I checked, they will not allow stewards to bring loungers from the pool deck for private use on your balcony. But the reclining chair and foot stool usually work quite well. Enjoy!
Toto, You have many more cruises than we do. Do all the Mini-Suites have foot stools? We have had two reclining chairs and foot stools on the larger Caribe deck balconies on the Star and the Golden but I have seen photos of the Ruby balconies and there are no footstools on Caribe, or the mini-suites on the Dolphin or Emerald deck balconies. OP will be on the Sapphire and she may even be slightly different. When we have no footstool we use the regular chairs as footstools and that works.

The loungers found near the pool are not fire-retardant and thus cannot be used on your balcony. Even if your steward agrees to get you one, he could get into trouble plus you'd probably be able to get only one lounger and nothing else on a mini-suite balcony. The chairs would have to be removed.

The high-back reclining chair, when used with the smaller chair for your feet, is pretty much like a lounger.

I haven't stayed in all categories, so it is possible that some don't supply the little footstool (actually it's a little side table that doubles as a footstool). ;)
The original Grand class ship balconies on Caribe deck have two chairs, two reclining chairs and two real footstools as well as the table. A nice arrangement. This was our balcony on C743 on the Star.

528330721_CaribeDeckBalconyFurnitureStarPrincess.jpg.146e816668835fc67a02da5c7af45996.jpg

The original Grand class ship balconies on Caribe deck have two chairs, two reclining chairs and two real footstools as well as the table. A nice arrangement. This was our balcony on C743 on the Star.

Now those I have never seen before. Glad to see they have improved on the lack of real lounge chairs though. Thanks for the picture, a picture is always worth a thousand words. We were used to the small side table and not the real footstool types they seem to provide now after all of the balcony furniture was switched out for the fire retardent type.

Now those I have never seen before. Glad to see they have improved on the lack of real lounge chairs though. Thanks for the picture, a picture is always worth a thousand words. We were used to the small side table and not the real footstool types they seem to provide now after all of the balcony furniture was switched out for the fire retardent type.
This arrangement has been on the original Grand class (Grand, Golden and Star) Caribe balconies for a number of years. Don't know if other ships have the same furniture.

Not sure when the white fire retardant furniture was placed on some ships, but this is what was originally put on the Grand after the Star fire. Picture is from Dec. 2007 and is the same blue mesh on the newest ships.

2643574200056174329TqyUcB_th.jpg

In March of 2009 it was still the same blue in C752

2339257950037227262FbRMGA_th.jpg

Maybe not all ships have it yet? Or maybe just the Star?

Not sure when the white fire retardant furniture was placed on some ships, but this is what was originally put on the Grand after the Star fire. Picture is from Dec. 2007 and is the same blue mesh on the newest ships.

Thanks for the photo of the Grand. Looks like it may only be the Golden and the Star with the actual footstools on Caribe deck balconies. We hadn't been on the Grand since 2006 and things change and even from then my memory sometimes fails me:eek:

In March of 2009 it was still the same blue in C752

2339257950037227262FbRMGA_th.jpg

Maybe not all ships have it yet? Or maybe just the Star?

'

That's the furniture I remember, with the small little table that can double as a footstool. ;)

Mine too! So I had to revert to the trusty photo files. Did you have the white mesh on the Golden (with footstools)?

The only photos I have at the moment are from 2009 and show blue mesh, no footstools. But the Star photos back to 2007 show white mesh, although none of them are detailed enough to show the footstools, just tops of chairs by balcony railings.

Mine too! So I had to revert to the trusty photo files. Did you have the white mesh on the Golden (with footstools)?

The only photos I have at the moment are from 2009 and show blue mesh, no footstools. But the Star photos back to 2007 show white mesh, although none of them are detailed enough to show the footstools, just tops of chairs by balcony railings.

Cheryl, I can not remember what the balcony furniture looked like when we sailed on the Golden to the British Isles (there wasn't a lot of balcony time as we had some pretty nasty weather on that one), that was some years ago in a mini suite. And we also had a mini on the Star, but I swear it had the blue mesh, not the white on our cruise to Egypt a few years ago. After that, it has been all suites, so I didn't pay any attention to the balcony furniture in the other categories. I actually didn't realize they were changing it out again on some of the ships..........the only reason I can think of is that the blue mesh wasn't the most comfortable balcony furniture I had experienced????

Perfect thanks Pam for posting the pic. I was hunting for one of mine.... :)

What we do is put the second chair in front of the lounger drop a towel over the seat part and put our legs out. Feet are on the chair but the chair is covered so no issues. It works so well I have to admit I spent a lot more time on the balcony this trip than in the past. It worked beautifully. And the extra room that a mini Balcony gives is nice. I can not wait for a Carib balcony with all that extra room and partial shade. I may never go inside :)

Archived