cribs on carnival?

sne26

We are leaving on the Pride this Sunday and we have a 33 month old. He is still in our crib at home, but for the past few weeks he has been able to climb out of it in no problem- and does so if he thinks he's not ready for bed in the evening, and when he wakes up in the morning. I just haven't gotten around to taking off the side of the crib to convert it to a toddler bed.

I had been planning on just bringing his pack n play w/ us for the cruise, but now I'm thinking on just letting him sleep w/ me in the king size bed.

Or maybe bringing along on of my older kids sleeping bags, and letting him sleep like that on the floor. He's never slept all night in a regular bed before, or a sleeping bag- though he LOVES laying in either one.

SO if I don't bring his pack n play, and things don't go well, would I be able to get a crib/pack n play from carnival after the cruise has started??

Or does anyone have any other suggestions... There are 5 of us, and we have 2 cabins, (oceanview cabins on the 1st deck)- me, my DH, 8 yr old son, 6 yr old daughter, and our 33 month old. My husband and I are splitting up and each of us sleeping in a cabin- one w/ 2 kids, one w/ one. Yes, I know, not very romantic, but I'm not taking the chance of letting hte kids sleep in a cabin by themselves, and the little one opening the cabin door and escaping- because he would! He's my terror child- we are calling it the third child syndrome :-)

We just got off the Legend a week ago and my 15 mo old slept on the sofa bed. She had NEVER slept in anything but a crib or pack n' play before. However, if she slept int he crib and our 4yo in the sofa bed as planned they would have been able to reach out and touch each other. Se we put the 4yo on the upper bunk and the 15mo on the sofa bed. We used the bolster pillows from the couch on the edge and still left the crib next to it to block her in. She was fine...never tried to climb off at all and I was surprised as she is kind of wild! I was suprised they had cribs and not pack n' plays as I had heard they had pack n' plays. We did move the coffee table to our balcony to make more room.

I am not sure if a crib would be available after the cruise started. You may want to request one in advance like we did and if you don't use it not big deal.

We got a crib on the last night when we realized we had to leave our pack 'n play in the hallway as there is no way we could carry it off the ship in the morning!

It was no problem at all and it was the solution the purser's desk came up with for us.

This was on our Pride cruise November 2010

I just got off the Triumph with a 2.5 year old. I requested a PnP when I got onboard. But when I got to my room, I found a trundle bed under my twin bed and it worked perfectly! The steward rolled it out at night and made it up and during the day it was pushed under the bed out of sight and out of the way. I moved the twin beds apart and put the trundle between the two twins so he was sort of caged in. He loved sleeping in a big boy bed even if it was very low to the ground.

Good luck to you!

I was suprised they had cribs and not pack n' plays as I had heard they had pack n' plays.

a Crib really? Any pictures? Getting ready to bring my 2 year old on the legend. Now worried about his sleeping arangements!:confused:

On our cruise in Oct on the Inspiration we got a blue pack n play for DS its a standard graco one which is larger than the crib pictured. That was the first time I had seen a pnp on carnival.Prior to that its always been the metal crib pictured so Im not sure if its fleetwide yet but they are moving towards pnp not the metal cribs anymore. On our last cruise Miracle in Dec we just had DS age 2 sleep on the sofa bed. However, he wasnt used to the freedom since he is still in a crib at home and some one had to lay with him to get him to settle down on it. If I had to do it again I probably would request the crib or pnp.

Here is a crib that we had for our grandson on the Pride. We didn't have a suite, so it was kinda crowded in a regular room. Our cabin steward had a great time fixing it up and arranging the toys! He even made bumper pads out of a sheet. He was the best! They actually moved it from our daughter's cabin to ours several different nights!

IMG_0561.jpg.17acd1c2bab4b42e013b1181e734a6d0.jpg

Archived