Another Early Saver ???

CONGRATS! Refresh us, what were the details of the "downgrade"??? ken

Initially I was booked 2 pax in an aft balcony for 3 because I planned on adding my daughter later in the booking. A few weeks ago my daughter asked if she could bring a friend on the cruise. My problem with that was that none of the aft balconies on the Pride hold 4. So, I thought I'd take a chance and call to see if they would allow me to downgrade to an 8K quad so that I could add 2 more pax.

I think alot of times when people call with a request to change something with their booking, it's all about the wording. Because I seriously don't think the reps that answer the phone really know much about the rules and regs of the programs. For instance, I don't "tell on myself" when I call..and say things like.."I'm booked early saver and I know I can't name change, but I have this problem....". It's unlikely the rep even knew you couldn't name change until they were just told...:p.

Anyway, I called and simply said..I would like to add 2 children to my booking giving us a total of 4, but my cabin only holds 3. I let her start looking for another aft balcony that would hold 4 (I knew there wasn't), she came back and said their wasn't but maybe we could move to a suite (I knew she would) I explained there was no way we could afford a suite or another cabin and that I noticed that cabin 7178 (8K extended balcony) was available and was a quad, could we move to that (never mentioning the word downgrade)otherwise, I couldn't add them. She talked to a supervisor and then came back and said it was approved but I would have to stay at the 8M rate which I figured (to myself) I would consider a penalty..(a little over a hundred more than the 8k for the 1st and 2nd pax). Although she never mention that I would no longer be considered ES, I assumed that would be the case.

I went online to check my booking and make sure I at least still had my $100 OBC from my FCC and it showed the ES OBC still on there. So, I'm thinking maybe she forgot to take me off ES or maybe they had never planned to take me off. So, I sent in an ES form. It was approved and the difference between my 8m category and the 8K category prices was given back to me in OBC.

Never once during the entire conversation was the word Early Saver or downgrade mentioned...and I certainly made a point not to mention them! :D

Oh...and now I have over $300 in OBC from my previous ES forms and from this last one!...woohoo

Donna -

Your point about not giving too much info is GOOD ADVICE in these situations!!!

I actually spoke with the Supervisor of the Guest Solutions group several months ago about pretty much your same scenario - and they indicated that this was one of the "exceptions" that they would work with customers on -- I'm surprised that you got a supervisor to capitulate! I expect their logic is that they're gaining another "paying" customer by accomodating you.

CONGRATS! Ken

Donna -

Your point about not giving too much info is GOOD ADVICE in these situations!!!

I actually spoke with the Supervisor of the Guest Solutions group several months ago about pretty much your same scenario - and they indicated that this was one of the "exceptions" that they would work with customers on -- I'm surprised that you got a supervisor to capitulate! I expect their logic is that they're gaining another "paying" customer by accomodating you.

CONGRATS! Ken

I was hoping they would see it that way because that's the way I saw it. But, you never know. And I could make the same phone call tomorrow and get a whole totally different outcome....I think it's all about who you get on the phone.

ES works for some and not for others.....Personally I dont care for the program. Too much paperwork to send in and monitor.....

Huh? A few lines to complete on an online form, and click Submit :confused:

I have submitted these forms in for several clients and always just checkmark the OBC (per clients request)..... most have been approved, and never has an upgrade been required or enforced.

ES works for some and not for others.....Personally I dont care for the program. Too much paperwork to send in and monitor.....

The point being, I paid what I thought was a fair price when I booked.... I am not going to monitor or obsess over saving $100 here or there when I could make that much or more money focusing on potential income rather than undervalued OBC ! ;)

I think you make a valid point. ES can work for cruisers, but perhaps not so much for TA's.

Archived