Another Early Saver ???

OK so, here's the story....

Booked on the Imagination in a PT room on the Empress deck for $409 (excluding taxes) on the early saver rate. They are now showing resident rates at $379 (excluding taxes). The catch here is the rates are for 4B & 4C cabins. Is a 4B & 4C higher in classification than a PT? Can I apply for an OBC for the $30???? I know it's not much but hey it'll pay for a couple drinks. If so, when I apply for the OBC will I have to change my cabin? We are booked on B2B and don't want to change since we have the same cabin for both....

I've never seen a price reduction on any of my other cruises so, I'm pretty new to this.

Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) are a Carnival advertised rate (iii) is available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents. Verified rate difference is issued as an on-board credit. The on-board credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited.

But hey... submitt your form (only request the OBC) and you never know... it may get approved !

Actually, a PT is equivelant in price to a 4A, but you would have to be willing to move to a 4B or 4C if Carnival asks you to in order to get the credit. Since the PT has a window, I would not make the move, unless you don't mind giving up the window.

You can price match to your category or any higher category - as long as you are willing to move to the higher category cabin.

You will need to let us know if you get it or not. According to the rules, you can only get refund/OBC if its in the same category, same deck, etc.

The further, undocumented ES Policy is that if the fare for a higher category than yours falls to/below yours, you can upgrade to that higher cabin and get OBC for any price difference.

The Policy is that you HAVE to take the upgrade to get the OBC and has been reported by some to have been enforced enforced, but more and more posters are reporting being able to keep their cabins - the suggestion to just check the OBC and not check the Upgrade boxes is a good start.

ken

The further, undocumented ES Policy is that if the fare for a higher category than yours falls to/below yours, you can upgrade to that higher cabin and get OBC for any price difference.

The Policy is that you HAVE to take the upgrade to get the OBC and has been reported by some to have been enforced enforced, but more and more posters are reporting being able to keep their cabins - the suggestion to just check the OBC and not check the Upgrade boxes is a good start.

ken

I have submitted these forms in for several clients and always just checkmark the OBC (per clients request)..... most have been approved, and never has an upgrade been required or enforced.

Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) are a Carnival advertised rate (iii) is available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents. Verified rate difference is issued as an on-board credit. The on-board credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited.

But hey... submitt your form (only request the OBC) and you never know... it may get approved !

See my red emphasis above. I got burned a bit on that one. I have an 8S Quad balcony. All balcony cabins had a price decrease on my Magic cruise this summer. But I don't think I can benefit from the price drop because, even though 8S balcony cabins dropped in price, there are no more 8S balcony quad cabins available. Even though the price for 8S is similar to 8P and there are 8S quad balcony cabins available, I am SOL as though cabins are $160 cheaper than what I am paying now and will benefit from further price drops. I can only hope that some of the other people who booked 8S cabins cancel. I will keep looking until I see one. In any case, this is one of the annoying things about ES.

Archived