Food - Room service and in dining room

bertrande

My husband and I will be setting out for our Alaskan cruise onboard Radiance of the Seas on 30 July 2005. It'll be our first time taking an extended cruise and there're a couple of things for which I wish to seek clarification.

First, are we allowed to take more than one helping during dinners? For example, if I don't want salad (or even if I want it, for that matter), can I have two servings of the appetizers? From reading the board, I'm under the impression that these things can be done - I've read that some posters have ordered 2 entrees etc so I'm wondering if it's permitted. My husband eats a lot and we don't want to embarrass ourselves by asking for seconds.

Second, I'm thinking of taking the Yukon horseback riding excursion in Skagway. This is a 6-hr from 10am - 4pm or so and lunch is not provided. Is it possible to request, through room service, for a sandwich kit or so to be delivered to my room the morning of the excursion, appropriately wrapped up and all?

Thanks for the answers in advance! :D

We have always ordered more than one appetizer, dinner, dessert, etc on our cruises. It's fun to try something new, share with a tablemate, or just go all out and eat 2 desserts! :D Don't feel embarrassed to ask. Your waiter will be happy to bring you what you want.

As far as room service goes, you can order sandwiches, etc any time of the day. Some places they ask you not to bring food off the ship with you, but I'm not sure about Alaska. We have packed a lunch and enjoyed it on the beach in St. Thomas.

If in doubt, just ask. We've always found our cabin steward, waiter, etc all more than willing to answer questions.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

You can order as much as you want. I was on a cruise one time where a guy on one night ordered absolutely everything on the menu---all four apetizers, three soups, two salads and all four entrees.

When you get your cruise documents, you will also get a shore excursion booklet and it will tell you if lunch is included in your tour. Whenever a tour goes for a long time, usually over 4 hours, they include a stop for lunch in the tour. But, if they don't, just tell room service to pack a box lunch for you and deliver it to your room in time for your departure.

I always ordered the entre I really wanted and if something I never had before was offered would ask to try that as well. Never a problem. Lobster night you always get as many as you want there too. Over 5,400 lobster tails served on our Enchantment cruise a few weeks ago. 2,400 or so is the passenger capacity.

Regarding your shore excursion, "lunch not included" means you will buy your own lunch during the excursion. Various lines have various policies. A box lunch was included on some HAL excursions we've taken but others have a "you're on your own" policy.

Archived