Long Beach Terminal

psufan34

Girlfriend and I are cruising out of the Port of Long Beach in a few weeks. Wondering what are recommendations as to the best time to get to the cruise terminal for the embark process? We are planning on staying the night in Long Beach, so there won't be any hurry for us. Just wondering if certain times are better than the others as far as lines go. Also, anyone have experience taking booze on board whether it be rum runners or with the plastic bottles and how did it go?

Depends on the whims of the other pax. We usually arrive at 1. Sometimes it is crowded and sometimes no one's there. The bottleneck is the scanners.

The last pax are off around 10. Boarding begins around 11-11:30. Carnival does early checkin in front of the Dome. I think it begins around 9:30.

Beacuse it will be Spring Break security will be extra vigilant in looking for liquids. By the time we get there the pile is at least 5 feet high.

Cruised many times from here.. Unless you are VIP I would arrive by 9-9:30 check in at Queen Mary and get boarding zone 1. Yes you'll be there early.. there are a few shops, bring a book ect. However it beats waiting in line when the throngs start arriving at 11, 11:30. My most recent cruise 12/31 I arrived at 11:30. We are VIP so we didnt have to wait ect. The lines for others were LONG... winding outside the dome..

For me, I rather be there early enjoy the sunshine and walk right on then wait in lond disney type lines..

Hope thats helpful;)

Sound advice, but how do you sign up for the VIP and what's the cost associated with it? We are going Feb 21, so I don't see that being Spring Break time just then.

You receive VIP benefits after your 10th Carnival Cruise. Or you may get VIP embarkation if you are booked into a Suite. You don't need to sign up for it. The perks are automatic after your 10th Cruise.

Good advice to use Queen Mary check in. Or just wait until after the majority of the PAX board at 1 PM. You can not access your cabin until 1:30 anyway.

Bon Voyage have a great cruise.

There are two ways to become VIP. Either by booking a suite or by sailing 10 or more times on Carnival.

If you don't meet either of these options, and you are not in a hurry, wait until 1:30 ish and you should have no problems.

Rum runners are still making it through, but anything else is at risk.

Last cruise from Long Beach it took us longer to get thru the VIP line than it took our friends in the regular line. There were 3 checkin stations and two were trying to help a gal who had lost her luggage.

Archived