Doc's 3 Weeks Prior To Cruise?

Im being told by my ta not to expect doc's until 3 weeks prior to cruise. does this sound right to you guys? on previous cruises it seems to me we had them in hand 4-5 weeks prior. our cruise dat is apr 8th.....it would be "nice" to have them now.

dean & alice:)

I got nervous at six weeks out that ours hadn't arrived yet so I gave my TA a call. No need to worry though as she got them the next week. I think you should give RCI or your TA a call at 4 weeks out if you have not received them. I think RCI's usually time frame is 5 weeks prior to sailing. Hope this helps.

There is something about this on RCCL's website in the FAQ section. I think it says that you shouldn't contact them about missing docs until 2 weeks prior??

We recently booked a last minute cruise (3 1/2 weeks out) and we had tickets in-hand about 1 week after booking.

- PAGA

It varies from sailing to sailing. Sometimes they come in 5-6 weeks ahead, normally about 3 weeks and sometimes the week of. If you do not have the cruiselines air you will probably get them sooner.

Our first set came less than 3 weeks away. They weren"t updated with the changes we made a month ago. With much difficulty we were able to get an electronic copy of the updated vouchers emailed from RCCL in a PDF format.In the middle of lots of correspondance with RCCL we recieved a 2nd up to date document package by courier. RCCL needs to update their system to allow online complete access to your cruise documents which would reduce the amount of calls to them & your TA resulting in a cost savings as well.

We just got word that ours have arrived for our 4/2 sailing.....5 weeks out. I have heard that some TA's don't distribute docs....they prefer to have them emailed to the cruiser....probably cheaper.....maybe the TA has to pay for actual documents? I don't know.....but I think part of the fun is being able to hold them in your hands and read them over and over.:D Anyone else have any experience or knowledge on this?

Lori

We just got word that ours have arrived for our 4/2 sailing.....5 weeks out. I have heard that some TA's don't distribute docs....they prefer to have them emailed to the cruiser....probably cheaper.....maybe the TA has to pay for actual documents? I don't know.....but I think part of the fun is being able to hold them in your hands and read them over and over.:D Anyone else have any experience or knowledge on this?

Lori

Our TA said that if we wanted a new set of updated doc's we MAY have to pay for them. Didn't have to as they came on their own. Why RCCL customer service couldnt have known that a new set was on route and passed this info on to myself or my TA?

We don't have to pay for the docs, but if we mail them to the customer we have to pay shipping, if there are airline tickets involved we usually send them UPS second day and cost us about $7.00.

RCI customer service lacks some, well a whole lot, you can call and they will tell you the docs have not been issued yet and 5 minutes later they arrive. Sometimes I wonder how the get the ships to run.

Ok..now some of you that have already gotten your docs for April cruises have me worried. We cruise March 20 and have seen no docs yet. If I don't get them by the end of the week, then I'll start panicking :eek:

Archived