Questions about AC 9002 on the Dawn

tlm

We're booked in AC 9002 for our upcoming cruise and I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any shade on the balcony. I have to really watch the amount of sun I get.

2. What is the storage like (particularly the bathroom)? There's not many pictures out there of this suite and i couldn't find any of the bathroom.

3. How many electrical outlets are there?

4. Is there an ethernet outlet or is there wireless internet in the cabin? I'm bringing my own laptop.

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Toni

We stayed in 9000 and our friends were next door at 9500. If you need to avoid the sun, then you might want to reconsider and change your cabin. The balconies are huge but there is limited coverage from the elements. You would do better with a different cabin, i.e., minisuite or balcony with overhead protection. The AC suites are right in in the front of the ship - hence you are right out there with the elements. We loved the AC on the Dawn - we enjoyed being able to look right out front - but we did fine with sunscreen and none of us need to actively avoid the sun.

You will have more than enough storage in the cabin - the hook for these cabins are the huge balconies....and believe me they are huge.

I do not recall how many electrical outlets are available and cannot comment on the ethernet issue - we leave our computers at home when we travel.

Have a great trip - the Dawn was the first NCL ship we ever sailed on - she is lovely.

Someone has posted a simultaneous though slightly different thread on the "twin" to this AC, so you might find some of the responses helpful. Here is a link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343669

There is no shade on the balcony. If you want shade in an AC, you need to book one of the two "center" ACs on 10th deck. These have a really decent overhang from the bridge. I think they are 10000 and 10500.

I don't recall # of electrical outlets; I always bring an adapter just in case.

Archived