Barcardi Rum Factory Tour

Elcruzer

Most of the complaints about this tour come from people who booked it through their cruiseline. If you book through a cruiseline you're paying $30pp for something that you can easily do on your own for $7.

We did this tour on our own in November 2009. Ferry is $0.50pp each way to Catano. The ferry is well marked so you won't miss it. The taxi from Catano to Bacardi is $3pp each way. As soon as we got off a ferry there was a taxi driver showing people where to go. At Bacardi there was plenty of taxis waiting when it was time to leave. So for $7 per person you get a great view of the city from the water, a tour of the factory and 2 drinks each of our choice. Our drinks were not watered down or small.

The only way I'd book this tour through a cruiseline would if my ship was debarking in San Juan and the tour included transportation back to the airport.

Most of the complaints about this tour come from people who booked it through their cruiseline. If you book through a cruiseline you're paying $30pp for something that you can easily do on your own for $7.

We did this tour on our own in November 2009. Ferry is $0.50pp each way to Catano. The ferry is well marked so you won't miss it. The taxi from Catano to Bacardi is $3pp each way. As soon as we got off a ferry there was a taxi driver showing people where to go. At Bacardi there was plenty of taxis waiting when it was time to leave. So for $7 per person you get a great view of the city from the water, a tour of the factory and 2 drinks each of our choice. Our drinks were not watered down or small.

The only way I'd book this tour through a cruiseline would if my ship was debarking in San Juan and the tour included transportation back to the airport.

Our drinks weren't small or watered down either, they were actually quite refreshing. This was a strawberry daquiri (clearly a mix), but it was good.

Here's a few pics:

2565818580104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

2630738440104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

2879766780104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

2080748250104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

Agree 100%. Do this tour on your own very easy and much much less expensive.

Archived