"LIVE" From The ALLURE Of The SEAS 3-30 January 2011

It is time to say "Good Bye" and to thank you all for following along with my adventures.

I have one more post I am working on about driving to the port but I will post that in the Allure section.

As you can guess, I shot a lot more photos than I posted. You can go to my site on PhotoBucket below and see them all. The photos I uploaded from the ship are on the left but all of the photos are seperated by day in individual folders on the right.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20Allure%20of%20the%20Seas/

Happy Cruising Everyone...

PS - My Next Live Report Will Be From the Freedom in May

• 10 months later...
Please change 3-30 Jan to 23-30 Jan in the title

Hello Everyone,

I am coming to you from the Beautiful Red Roof Inn in West Palm Beach, FL.

I woke up early this morning and stomped around the house until just before 9 am. I loaded up my two Weiner Dogs, dropped them off at Pet Paradise, and headed south.

The trip started off with a loud "CONK" when I conked my forehead on the corner of the hatch of my Corvette. So now I have a big band aid on my forehead. I am taking so many blood thinners that it is hard to stop any bleeding at all. Luckily I carry First Aid stuff and I stopped in the first rest area and fixed myself up.

I had a good trip down, on I-95 all of the way with only one stop at a McDonald's for a rest break and lunch.

I was disappointed in my Corvette's gas mileage. This is the first long trip in it and I only got 30 mpg. I guess the reason is that most of the time I was unable to use my cruise control due to heavy traffic and a bunch of crazy people on the road with me. I had hoped for 34-35 mpg but you can only get that high on cruise control.

South Florida is well known for crazy drivers!

My hotel is about one hour from the Port so I plan to leave tomorrow morning about 9 am and should be at the port by 10 am, unloaded and inside the Terminal by 10:30 am.

Trainman won't be able to join you for your famous breakfast sandwich recipe! Darn! The good news doing another B2B on Allure last week of Feb. first week of March. One of these days our paths will cross. Can't wait for your pics they are always amazing!....K.O. Near Philly:);)

Archived