Explaining X the rules until we "get it"

Dena

I wonder if the plan Monday is to talk slower or louder or over and over again until we "get it.". After all, it isn't bad policy, it's just that they have failed to communicate clearly with us.

As a retiree of a Fortune 100 company, I've been through many of these "communication issues" between corporate and the field folks.

Step 1. When we object to a policy, the execs say, "Obviously they didn't understand our wonderful policy, so let's start and education program to explain it."

Step 2. When the concerns continue, they say, "Those education folks have really mucked this up, because the policy is wonderful." "Let's get a new education group to re-explain the policy."

Step 3. When the fertilizer hits the ventilator, the execs say, "This is an awful policy. We need to find the lowest level person involved, and get rid of him/her."

It would be funny, if it weren't so sad.

"This is an awful policy. We need to find the lowest level person involved, and get rid of him/her."

They usually get aXed.. . I wish it would reach higher levels.

I would really like to see the demographics of the people who originated the slogan, the management who thought it was in the spirit of the times, the cruise critics who thinks it's upbeat, and the people here who do not relate "my" or "our" cruise line with the new direction implied by "X the rules."

They usually get a...I would really like to see the demographics of the people who originated the slogan, the management who thought it was in the spirit of the times...

I think it was inspired by the same management team that laid out the closets and storage on the Solstice.

They usually get a...I would really like to see the demographics of the people who originated the slogan, the management who thought it was in the spirit of the times...

I think it was inspired by the same management team that laid out the closets and storage on the Solstice and then claimed it was designed by women cruisers to be exactly what they wanted, ha ha.

My first thought was that this program was the idea of the folks that designed the fiasco decor of the forward deck 11 lounge venues...on the Summit and Connie. It still is a mystery to me who they were trying to attract. Same with the new solgan.

And so it goes....

I think it was inspired by the same management team that laid out the closets and storage on the Solstice and then claimed it was designed by women cruisers to be exactly what they wanted, ha ha.
Bingo!

Crazy Cruzer wins the prize for most astute and original comment of all those posted so far.

Archived