Voyager WC - Brisbane?

room010

We are doing the Sydney-Beijing segment at the end of Feb. Our first port of call is Brisbane but given the devastating (ongoing) floods in that area I can't believe Regent will add to the burden of already over-stretched local resources by delivering a shipload of passengers eager to sample the city whose infrastructure is still severely damaged and will be for months to come. Surely they will divert further north to, say, Airlie Beach/Whitsundays or maybe just carry on to the next scheduled destination, Townsville? As an Aussie who's visited Brisbane several times anyway it doesn't really matter to me if it's off the itinerary but it would be good to know what Regent plans to do. My TA has tried to get some kind of response but with no luck.

They will probably go. The cruise terminal is open as is the CBD and most of the tourist attractions. I assume the tour operators would be happy to have the business.

See :http://www.etravelblackboard.com/article/113798/brisbane-is-getting-back-to-business

j

P.S. Loved the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary which is open!!

Archived