Question for those who've been on the Zuiderdam

Machforce1

[quote name='wblynch']People used to dress for air flights. I remember being a youngster in the early 60's and you were expected to wear at least slacks, a tie and dress shoes when boarding a plane. Now people look like homeless vagabonds when they fly. (Although I admit the knee-jerk reaction of airport security practically forces one to fly nude, or in flannel pj's).[/QUOTE]

[font=Book Antiqua][color=blue]Too funny but too true. I still tend to dress up when traveling but wondery why sometimes when I see those sitting around me dressed to kill -- and not in a good way.[/color][/font]

This is my first post wading into the fray. Echoing Peaches...There are so many cruise lines, each with a different personality. The itinerary on one may be intriguing, but I wouldn't sail the cruise line if it didn't fit my personality. I'd love to do RCCL Southern Caribbean, but the way they've changed their demographic in all their advertising seems to have taken away the peace, relaxation, and yes, the elegance, of the cruise experience. Nor would I sail Carnival or NCL even for a great price. It would be so nice if each cruise line could maintain and reinforce its own identity.

As a high school teacher it's been interesting to note over my 20 year career that recently a larger number of teens really doesn't know how to eat a formal meal served in courses such as at Prom or Senior Luncheon. That kind of skill is great for parents to be able to expose their children to.

Archived