Because of "X the rules," this Princess cruiser won't be switching anytime soon.

Dena

Celebrity Sky Suites are not at all comparably priced to any Princess mini-suite. All suites on celebrity are SOOO expensive by comparison to balcony staterooms!

Yes but they are TRUE suites with a butler and MANY perks...unlike Princess's mini suites which are NOTHING but a slightly larger room.

Celebrity Sky Suites are not at all comparably priced to any Princess mini-suite. All suites on celebrity are SOOO expensive by comparison to balcony staterooms!

Thats because they are TRUE suites with burtler service and MANY perks unlike Princess's mini suites which are only slightly larger balcony cabins with NO extra perks only a small sofa which is standard on even X's lowest class of balconies...

A Celebrity sky suite and a Princess balcony cabin should be very differently priced as they are VERY different levels of service and cabin amenities.

I enjoy all of these and tried a Princess mini suite once. Now THAT is a TRUE rip off, a much higher price for only getting a small sofa and a little extra room...basicly nothing else.

We were seriously considering switching to Celebrity because of it's smoking policy even though some of the itineraries were not as good in our opinion. Also, with DH's celiac disease, we prefer to eat in the MDR, yet, unlike Princess, Celebrity closes the MDR for lunch in port. We often stay aboard in port. Finally, no tubs on Celebrity unless we book a full suite. We priced Princess mini suites for less than regular balconies on Celebrity.

But, we would have sacrificed all this for a smoke free balcony. Now we will wait at least a year and monitor these boards to see if defiant smokers are sailing Celebrity and if they are being asked to stop or not. In the meantime, we are sailing Princess in a few weeks and taking precautions to minimize the effect of smoke on us. If the precautions work, perhaps we'll just stick with Princess. I don't see much advantage in switching as many have said the food quality is also dropping on X.

I guess I don't understand why you posted this in a Celebrity forum. Were you just looking for sympathy or for someone to agree with you? If you don't like the MDR policies, the suite pricing in order to get a tub, or are afraid of the smoking rules not being enforced, then I would highly recommend that you stick with Princess.

You should stay on Princess since you obviously do not know what "X the rules" means and you obviously do not know anything about Celebritys smoking policy. I read your previous posts and you took as gospel one persons complaints about smoking on Celebrity ships. That thread was rare as Celebrity enforces the smoking rules on all their ships and the S class ships are no exception.

Celebrity has had their strict no smoking policy now for a couple of years and overall it is strictly enforced however with such large ships they have to rely on passengers to report violators. You state that you want to take a wait and see attitude. That has already been done and Celebrity has had droves of people moving to them due to their policy. When you look at a thread such as the one you responded to remember there are always two sides to every story and in this case this was a rare report..

Archived