Long Beach Question

I have taken two cruises out of Long Beach, and I know it's reputation for being un-organized over the years. Just curious if it's gotten any better in the recent months and years since we have been there?

Both times we have cruise out of there, it's been late getting on and off the ship.

Any suggestions?

Yes, it was the same for us last Feb......late cruise before us and late for us getting on also.....we weren't able to get on until about 3 pm and we got to the port at about 11 am....long wait, but the weather was beautiful that day. No tips except maybe to get to the port later than you normally would and maybe they will be embarking without much wait.

I didn't really think it was all that bad when I cruised out of LB last time, you have to figure that they are having to clean up after the last 4000 or so passengers before they board the next 4000. That is a lot of clean up and "resetting" to do.

Patience...because you have to figure that once on board, and your done with that silly life boat drill, it is time for total relaxation, and then it is all worth it.

Last Feb. when we sailed the Splendor, we went onto the Queen Mary (which is next to the Splendor) for check in. We arrived about 10:30. There was no line and we were in group 2 (we weren't platinum at that time) and were on the ship about 11:30. It was very quick & boarding was very organized.

Archived