Over night in Alexandria suggestions

juanarcin

Hello, I will be arriving to alexandria on oct 6th for an over night stay. I am there from 10am on the 6th to 10pm on the 7th. I would love to do the obvious, Pyramids, sphinx and museum, but I have very little knowledge of what else there is. I am sure there is tons more (i just purchased my ticket so I am starting to do my research!), I would LOVE if anyone could give me suggestions on hotels, food, and must see sights. Also doing it myself vs a guided tour/excursion. Thanks!

Hello, I will be arriving to alexandria on oct 6th for an over night stay. I am there from 10am on the 6th to 10pm on the 7th. I would love to do the obvious, Pyramids, sphinx and museum, but I have very little knowledge of what else there is. I am sure there is tons more (i just purchased my ticket so I am starting to do my research!), I would LOVE if anyone could give me suggestions on hotels, food, and must see sights. Also doing it myself vs a guided tour/excursion. Thanks!

By doing it yourself, I am hoping you mean on a private tour that you arrange, rather than a ship-sponsored tour.

But if by DIY you mean really doing it yourself, please know that it's a three-hour drive, each way, from Alexandria to Cairo/Giza. Egyptian traffic is beyond insane. Not just the volume, but the lunacy; seven cars across the width of the road driving in space for three, stuff like that. Total insanity.

IF that's what you meant, I would strongly suggest not doing it yourself. (The "strongly" is an understatement.) There are excellent private tour operators, and you'll find plenty of info about them on this board. Their drivers will know where to go and how best to get you there. You'll see and learn far more, not to mention that your time is limited. They have suggested tours that cover the major highlights. But what YOU want to see and what YOU are interested in should be up to you. I suggest you get a tour book about Egypt and read up and see what interests you.

Just returned from a Med Cruise on NCL and we have to say the highlight of the cruise was the shore excursion which we took through Albaraa Travel. Albaraa travel representatives made our trip wonderful. Everything from the pickup to the drop off back to the ship was excellent. The driver, tour guide booking services, and all staff were excellent! We would recommend using their services for your touring needs. We can't say enough here, but if you would like to learn more about the Overnight Cairo tour from Alexandria please feel free to contact us. 5***** to Albara Travel! http://albaraagroup.com/Travels/Egypt_Shore_Excursions.aspx

Archived