Cabins on Ventura

Mollythedolly

Hi, wonder if you can help please, I am thinking about going on the Ventura and had thought about booking a balcony cabin on Deck C, has anyone occupied one of these cabins please and if so are they quite spacious and is the balcony overlooked.

Also what other cabins would you recommend. Thanks.

C deck cabins are the same size as most other cabins, apart from suites and those on D deck (superior balcony cabins)

C deck has balconies twice as big (in depth) as every other deck. They are overlooked by the decks above though if you want privacy you just move underneath. The best of both worlds really.

Hi Molly, we've booked one of these for our cruise to the Fjords in May and feel lucky to have got one :D As RoseBaskets has said most people say that you can still have privacy on the balcony as part of it is sheltered. I've not come across any bad reports as yet so I'll be interested in the replies to your post too :)

hi there

yes the balconys are overlooked as rose baskets has said, but who's looking? not too many people ... so unless you are a naturalist don't worry about it just enjoy your balcony space :D

Why should David Bellamy, Terry Nutkin, Et Al be wary of having a balcony on C deck, don't people want to see oats in their beards? :confused:

;):D

C deck cabins are the same size as most other cabins, apart from suites and those on D deck (superior balcony cabins)

C deck has balconies twice as big (in depth) as every other deck. They are overlooked by the decks above though if you want privacy you just move underneath. The best of both worlds really.

Thanks Rosebaskets I think C deck it well might be, I can always wave to the cruisers above. (pardon the pun)

Molly

Hi, wonder if you can help please, I am thinking about going on the Ventura and had thought about booking a balcony cabin on Deck C, has anyone occupied one of these cabins please and if so are they quite spacious and is the balcony overlooked.

Just to get this point as to whether the C deck balconies are overlooked..... The balconies on all the other decks are 1.5 metres deep - that is, from the sliding door into the cabin out to the rail. C deck balconies however are 3 metres deep (actually I've seen one drawing saying it's 2.95 metres, but never kind). Thus the C deck balcony is indeed twice as deep as the others. Of that 3 metres, the first 1.5 metres (by which I mean the bit nearest the cabin) is not overlooked: it's underneath the B deck balcony, which is also 1.5 metres deep. So if you sit back close to the door into the cabin, you won't be overlooked. The outer 1.5 metres (or perhaps 1.45 metres) is overlooked.

Just to get this point as to whether the C deck balconies are overlooked..... The balconies on all the other decks are 1.5 metres deep - that is, from the sliding door into the cabin out to the rail. C deck balconies however are 3 metres deep (actually I've seen one drawing saying it's 2.95 metres, but never kind). Thus the C deck balcony is indeed twice as deep as the others. Of that 3 metres, the first 1.5 metres (by which I mean the bit nearest the cabin) is not overlooked: it's underneath the B deck balcony, which is also 1.5 metres deep. So if you sit back close to the door into the cabin, you won't be overlooked. The outer 1.5 metres (or perhaps 1.45 metres) is overlooked.

Didn't I just say that? :D

If you are over 1.852m tall and hang over the B deck balcony standing on the .75m table at an inverse angle of 79.2 degrees in a westerly wind with the ship facing south you can actually see the C deck balcony doors ;) though I do not recommend it after a few sherries:D

Didn't I just say that? :D

If you are over 1.852m tall and hang over the B deck balcony standing on the .75m table at an inverse angle of 79.2 degrees in a westerly wind with the ship facing south you can actually see the C deck balcony doors ;) though I do not recommend it after a few sherries:D

But make sure you don't get ash in your eye from your neighbours ciggy ;)

Cb

Archived