Meridiana Airlines

maja

No direct experience; however I recommend a Google search. First, check their website, as typical of most ultra-discount European carriers, they charge for everything. Note there's a fee for booking a reservation online, you are allowed only one piece of carry-on (a purse, briefcase, etc. counts as your one) and it can't weigh more than 8kg. Also note there is a luggage fee of e7 to e12 per piece (don't have the Euro symbol on my keyboard so using 'e') for their cheapest fares. Each piece can weigh 20kg maximum; the excess weight fee is *very* costly. You may be aware of this, but discount carriers overseas are extremely strict on every rule that will gain extra fees so don't plan on them letting it slide....

Next Google "meridana airlines ratings"....they will speak for themselves with horror stories and bad experiences overwhelming the good reviews. I realize everyone's set of risks/rewards is different but at least you can make a better-informed decision one way or the other.

Next Google "meridana airlines ratings"....they will speak for themselves with horror stories and bad experiences overwhelming the good reviews. I realize everyone's set of risks/rewards is different but at least you can make a better-informed decision one way or the other.

You do know that you will always find more bad reviews on most products online. Only the unhappy ones go online and complain.

Of course it tends to be true that dissatisfied people are more likely to post than satisfied. But you can't ignore general, large scale trends. If a company has an average rating of 2 or 3 (on a scale of 10) based on dozens of reviews and several websites while others rate higher, that suggests something. Also if the "horror stories" in the bad reviews are more "horrible" than peers that also should raise a yellow or red flag.

That said, I cautioned I have no personal experience with Meridiana. I personally would hesitate to use them based on reviews and the steep fees that apply to most international travelers.

I have a feeling that the OP was interested in them because of a low base fare on a route. Many requests about Euro-discount carriers come from that low initial number; and after all the fees get added in, they are the same or more expensive than traditional carriers. Especially for traveling with "cruise luggage".

When there's a posting of "Any one flown XYZ Airlines recently?", it's usually to try to justify a marginal purchasing decision, IMHO. More details from the OP would, of course, help us for providing relevant info.

Archived