Allkure/Oasis for 19YO Daughter

NewHere

My 19 and 16YOs have been cruising since they were toddlers-and always met friends at the kids/teens clubs - to the point that we hardly ever saw them! However, LY we did the Epic (a story unto itself - I am going back to RCCL this year).My daughter is now 18 - too old for the kids 'clubs', and NCL really didn't do anything to get that wierd 18-21 age group together.

Question -Do any of the RCCL ships do a really goods job of getting 18-21 year olds together?

My 19 and 16YOs have been cruising since they were toddlers-and always met friends at the kids/teens clubs - to the point that we hardly ever saw them! However, LY we did the Epic (a story unto itself - I am going back to RCCL this year).My daughter is now 18 - too old for the kids 'clubs', and NCL really didn't do anything to get that wierd 18-21 age group together.

Question -Do any of the RCCL ships do a really goods job of getting 18-21 year olds together?

"Really good job"....simple answer is NO. This is an age group that is a bit left out in the dust. However they do on a some ships....at least on Oasis class and I believe Freedom class also....have a 18-21 meet and mingle kind of thing usually on the first night....sometimes they may also have a couple 18-21yr events during the sailing listed in the compass...but again...nothing I would consider a "really good job" unfortunately. However I would say the best ships for that age group are going to be Oasis class followed by Freedom class.

Has been a few years since our kids have been in this age group, but there is usually a 'mix & mingle' for this group at least the first evening (as bajathree already said). It has been our experience that it is on most of RCL's ships (at least as we recall).

SG81: A surprising number do require assistance in order to feel comfortable/get acclimated (not all 'older' teens or young 20's are comfortable in new settings like this).

Bruce

• 1 month later...

Found this thread and curious about the same thing, well sort of, so I didnt start a new one!

We're going on Oasis in June. I do know that all ships have a Mingle for the 18-20 yo bracket, but historically, unfortunately these are not well attended. On our last cruise the initial one was at a strange time, like for Sail away, but we spend sail away as a family and Im guessing most do, it is boarding day!! Sporadically on the following days, they were listed in the compass. My kids are both veeeeery social and dont have problems interacting with like minded people their ages (DD is 22 and DS is 18), but these ages are a tough age bracket. DD looks young, even when glammed-up, so people dont think she is 22. They always make friends, DD wears her college stuff, now alumni shirts and sorority stuff. DS did go into the club on our last 14 night and was lucky that a friend of his (another cruise plus she lives 25 minutes away,lol) was also on board, so they both seeked out 18 yr olds that were like them!

But, Im curious, those who have been on Oasis with older teens and young 20somethings, is there anything on board that you know was/is well attended?

Thanks!

Stacey K CruiseDivaNJ

Archived