Excursions for FOS Western Itenerary...HELP!

We are trying to figure out what excursions to do on our Feb. 6th sailing on Freedom of the Seas...Western Caribbean...Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Caymen, Cozumel...we are not big on "tours". We prefer water related, or adventure type activities. Would like to know what you would recommend or NOT recommend!! Thanks!! Oh, and we have already done Dunn River Falls in Ocho Rios and we did the zip line in Labadee so don't want to do those again! Thanks!!

We are trying to figure out what excursions to do on our Feb. 6th sailing on Freedom of the Seas...Western Caribbean...Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Caymen, Cozumel...we are not big on "tours". We prefer water related, or adventure type activities. Would like to know what you would recommend or NOT recommend!! Thanks!! Oh, and we have already done Dunn River Falls in Ocho Rios and we did the zip line in Labadee so don't want to do those again! Thanks!!

I dont recall seeing you on our Roll Call. If you arent, come on over. We have listed a lot of different excursions we are doing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1226944&page=15

I will say that members of our group just did the Jungle buggy Trek, in Cozumel, and absolutely loved it.

It comes with the tour and lunch.

They rode these buggys down a trail that looked like "jungle"..the road is bumpy and dusty...then they came to an opening and said the views of the ocean were breathtaking. The rest of the trail was a combo of jungle and ocean views.

They rode for about a half hour and came to a place where there were minor Mayan ruins..and said it was a great photo op. They rode back and then were taken to a resort near the pier for a Mexican buffet and a complimentary drink.

They had a blast..but I can imagine you would have to want to bounce all over the place as they rode over rocky areas..ate dust...but they said it was one of the best excursions they had ever been on and a great value for the money they spent.:)

As for a beach resort, I don't recommend Playa Mia in Cozumel. A so-so beach, barely edible food. That said, there is a Mexican cooking excursion that goes to the same resort and when your done it ends up at the same beach. So many people love that one.

I will say that members of our group just did the Jungle buggy Trek, in Cozumel, and absolutely loved it.

It comes with the tour and lunch.

They rode these buggys down a trail that looked like "jungle"..the road is bumpy and dusty...then they came to an opening and said the views of the ocean were breathtaking. The rest of the trail was a combo of jungle and ocean views.

They rode for about a half hour and came to a place where there were minor Mayan ruins..and said it was a great photo op. They rode back and then were taken to a resort near the pier for a Mexican buffet and a complimentary drink.

They had a blast..but I can imagine you would have to want to bounce all over the place as they rode over rocky areas..ate dust...but they said it was one of the best excursions they had ever been on and a great value for the money they spent.:)

That did look like fun, and I'm sure my husband would LOVE IT...I just wasn't sure about all the bouncing and getting dirty...lol! Thanx so much for the feedback!!

reminding myself to come back and hook up with the roll call link to check excursions....

we're not on this one, but the July western...with Falmouth instead of Ochos Rios.

I am not sure if it's the same or not, but I noticed in Cayman there is a snorkel and shipwreck snorkel. We did this last summer thru Carnival. IF it IS the same, I don't recommend it (same price & description...that's why I'm thinking it's the same). They took us about a mile or two out to snorkel, then after that, we headed to the shipwreck. BUT...we started heading TOWARD shore :confused: ...all the while I'm thinking "wow..poor ship! almost made it to shore before it sank" Turns out, it was beached on purpose and later flattened w/ dynamite. I wasn't impressed with what we saw and where we saw it for the $ spent ($39 i think pp)

That was the most disappointing snorkeling excursion we ever did. :(

reminding myself to come back and hook up with the roll call link to check excursions....

we're not on this one, but the July western...with Falmouth instead of Ochos Rios.

I am not sure if it's the same or not, but I noticed in Cayman there is a snorkel and shipwreck snorkel. We did this last summer thru Carnival. IF it IS the same, I don't recommend it (same price & description...that's why I'm thinking it's the same). They took us about a mile or two out to snorkel, then after that, we headed to the shipwreck. BUT...we started heading TOWARD shore :confused: ...all the while I'm thinking "wow..poor ship! almost made it to shore before it sank" Turns out, it was beached on purpose and later flattened w/ dynamite. I wasn't impressed with what we saw and where we saw it for the $ spent ($39 i think pp)

That was the most disappointing snorkeling excursion we ever did. :(

ugh...goot to know!! We will for sure NOT do that one!!! Thanx for the info!!

That did look like fun, and I'm sure my husband would LOVE IT...I just wasn't sure about all the bouncing and getting dirty...lol! Thanx so much for the feedback!!

We met them for shopping when they were done.

They looked like racoons..with all the dust on thier faces.:p..but they said they had a ball and the views were well worth any bouncing around they had to do. I can just imagine what they would have looked like had it rained before they went and they encountered mud.

I called one of them this morning and they said their guides were Juan and Jose'...lunch was at a resort and those views were great as well. They had a buffet and one drink was included. She said she ordered a pina colada and expected it to come in a dixie cup because it was included with lunch..but was pleased to say it was in a large glass and was delicious. The buffet that day included a vegetable dish, beans, rice...fajitas..different sauces...she said the food was excellent.

We met them for shopping when they were done.

They looked like racoons..with all the dust on thier faces.:p..but they said they had a ball and the views were well worth any bouncing around they had to do. I can just imagine what they would have looked like had it rained before they went and they encountered mud.

I called one of them this morning and they said their guides were Juan and Jose'...lunch was at a resort and those views were great as well. They had a buffet and one drink was included. She said she ordered a pina colada and expected it to come in a dixie cup because it was included with lunch..but was pleased to say it was in a large glass and was delicious. The buffet that day included a vegetable dish, beans, rice...fajitas..different sauces...she said the food was excellent.

thank you so much!! I will talk to David about it and see what he thinks!!

• 4 weeks later...

River Tubing in Ocho Rios is one of our favorite excursions of all time! We've done it both through the cruiseline, and with a private guide (Marva Shaw www.knowjamaica.com). The cruiseline's tour is longer because they have exclusive rights to start higher up on the river. However, doing it privately was half the price, and still quite long. Marva offers several packages, but we were only interested in tubing, and she custom-made a tubing only package for us.

We just returned from a cruise and in the Caymen islands were scheduled for the Tiki Beach and Stingray trip. The winds were very bad the night before and that morning and our trip was cancelled because Stingray City was closed. We were very disapointed and just did the Tiki Beach excurision and did not like the beach at all.

Archived