Southern Caribbean - Passport Antigua ??

MonDreamr1

1- I already have a passport, however, I may end up without it for this trip do to needing a visa for an possible upcoming work trip. Which I won't know if I'm actually going on, until a day or two before the cruise. Embassy says they can rush the visa, but it still gives a date range. So if I don't get my passport back in time. I'm trying to figure out what to do.

We are going on a closed loop cruise out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean. Celebrity's website allows me to put in DL & BC as ID documents during the online check in. The phone rep seemed to think I'd be fine. However, I've been unable to confirm if a passport is required for Antigua. The gov site says there is no Visa required, but, unlike Barbados which excludes cruise ship passengers staying for less than 24 hours from the requirement, it doesn't say if a passport is needed.

Has anyone done this trip recently with just a BC&DL? (I have my ML to show the name change so not worried about that part. )

I just found this online for visiting Antigua:

"Entry requirements for Americans: United States passport holders must have a valid passport or a Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document, or a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license, as well as proof of citizenship, such as an original or certified birth certificate. A visa is not required for stays of up to one month."

Archived