TripAdvisor's 2011 Top 10 Dirtiest US Hotels

madelinerose

Trip Advisor's stats are so skewed that I don't trust any of their reviews.

If it isn't disgruntled employees or angry guests who are sometimes unable to be happy with any accommodations, it is hotel employees padding reviews.

Granted there are legitimate reviews but I like other resources such as www.Oyster.com, www.Fodors.com, and www.Frommers.com along with www.FlyerTalk.com and Lonely Planet.

Trip Advisor's stats are so skewed that I don't trust any of their reviews.

If it isn't disgruntled employees or angry guests who are sometimes unable to be happy with any accommodations, it is hotel employees padding reviews.

Granted there are legitimate reviews but I like other resources such as www.Oyster.com, www.Fodors.com, and www.Frommers.com along with www.FlyerTalk.com and Lonely Planet.

I'm with you 100%, but since CC and TA have partnered, just thought I'd throw this one out there. Many CCers seem to depend on TripAdvisor and reviews found right here.

Oyster is my #1 choice for every hotel I book. I personally require lots of photos before booking and Oyster always provides. ;)

I'm with you 100%, but since CC and TA have partnered, just thought I'd throw this one out there. Many CCers seem to depend on TripAdvisor and reviews found right here.

It blows my mind that so many posters, the majority, put so much stock in Trip Advisor reviews. No one in the travel industry will use TA.

Horrible hotels I have first hand experience with get pretty good reviews and some of the nicest resorts I've ever step foot in get bad ones. Go figure.

Regardless of the general view of the impartiality of Trip Advisor, I think there are very few who would disagree with the categorization of the Hotel Carter as one of the worst in the county. Well located, but just horrible maintenance over the years. A shame as it actually is a hotel that once once quite important (it had a bus terminal in the lower level from the days before Port Authority; the turntable still exists there). On the other hand, the Econo Lodge EWR is just a meaningless airport hotel, neither well-located nor any importance or significance.

Archived