Ventura - active excursions?

Tracy67

Hi

We are going on the Ventura for the first time in April over the school Easter holidays to France and Spain (N110) and I'm trying to find some exciting excursions - bike rides and activity type trips. Everything seems to be rather sedate - coach trips, guided tours and walking. Does anyone know if P&O do such tours? We really liked Ocean Vilage for the bike rides, jeep rides, adventure days, scuba diving etc and were hoping for something similar:o Does anyone recommend any other companies for tours?

We will be stopping off at Brest, La Rochelle, La Coruna and Bilbao.

You have probably chosen the wrong cruise - trips are tailored to the anticipated passenger profile and destinations.

There were quite a few mountain biking trips on the Fjords trip we did last year, but no similar trips on the previous cruise which was Vigo, Lisbon, Le Verdon and Brest.

Hi

We chose Ventura as it is advertised, and being really pushed, as being the next best thing to Ocean Village. This is by P&O themselves.

I thought there would certainly be bikes on board:(

Oh well it is just a cheap short break so we'll make the most of it - maybe get a train or local buses somewhere or just have a wander on our own- don't fancy guided walking tours at all - I'd get as bored as the kids.:D

If anyone has tips for the ports I'd love to hear them.

Of your ports we only did Brest, if you intend going into town there is very little to do - we managed about 3 hours and that included a cafe visit and half an hour wait for the bus back.

There is an aquarium, you can get a taxi from the port. Otherwise there's not much going for it.

You will find there are more active tours by P&O on cruises in the Caribbean. My husband has done river rafting, ATV on Antigua, Trekking and there is also Zip-wiring. I don't think some of the European destinations lend themselves to these sort of tours.

Archived