Upsell Opinions

Amosmoses33

We got that same call for the 2/20 Victory sailing. We already had a nice balcony on Panorama and they offered us an Ocean Suite for $154pp. She originally asked for $204pp and the savings versus upgrading at the time of booking for us was several hundred dollars. The way we saw it was: $22 per day was well worth it even with a port intensive itinerary. I should mention we have two cabins and were able to get connecting balconies, bringing our total balcony size to 130sq ft! That was a big point for us!

My advice: see if you can negotiate it down a bit, then divide it out and see if that's worth it per day.

We are on Victory 3/6/11. Got a call to move us from Balcony to Ocean Suite for additional $390 total. That would put our cruise total to $1933.22.

What do you all think?

I took an upgrade from a Balcony to a Ocean View Suite on a 14 day Hawaiian Trip at an additional cost of $1300. I was told it was still a savings of about $1200 over the listed cost. If I had it to do over again I would have just stayed with the Balcony Room. Yes you do get a larger room, sitting area and bath tub. But after experiencing it I think the Balcony room is better and it is not worth the additional cost to upgrade. Now, if there were more than 2 in the room, then it would be a different matter.

Archived