How many times a day do you change clothes?

cru1s1ng

Dressed in the morning. Change to swimsuit for late-day swim/hot tub (don't start:rolleyes: ). Dress for dinner/evening. Off to sleep.

I've got better things to do than return to the cabin to change clothes very often.

I'm usually not spending much time at the pool, so I don't have to worry about the swimsuit.

For sea days, I generally shower in the morning and put on my "daytime" outfit, which stays on until I go back to the cabin for "afternoon nap" ... after "afternoon tea," of course! After I wake up, I shower again and put my nighttime outfit on ... which will depend upon the dress code for dinner that evening.

Now, if I'm in port, how many times I change depends upon what I am doing while there, and how long. If I am in port all day, then I still only change once in the morning. But if we are back early, often I will shower and change into something fresh before going off to do something on the ship.

I sometimes feel bad for the cabin steward ... especially when there's a heap of dirty towels on the floor from two showers for him to deal with each time he cleans. I usually shower before bed and then again in the morning. Then if I've gone swimming or diving in port, I'll shower when I get back to the ship, and then maybe again before dinner. I sure would think twice about tossing those towels on the floor if I was the one who was gonna be washing them! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

We always do Caribbean cruises, so it's easy to get hot and sweaty, and I found if I changed too often, I ran out of clean clothes (and I definitely don't want to spend cruise time doing laundry!!!). So on casual days, after we get back from shore excursions/whatever, I shower and change into a fresh set of casual clothes. I wear them that late afternoon/evening and then put them back on the following morning, maybe substituting shorts for khakis. Yes, they're not fresh, but they're soon going to get sweaty anyway. I pack far less this way but still am in fresh clean clothes everyday...just a little later in the day than everyone else! :-)

Archived