Cane Garden Beach/Pussers Landing

dollydaydreams

I don't have any tour booked for Tortola but would like to spend maybe 2-3 hours at Cane Garden Beach and a couple of hours at Pussers Landing. Does anyone know how far apart these places are and my best option for visiting both? I know taxi's are readily available from Port to CGB but would I need to return to Roadtown from the beach and pick up a different taxi to Pussers Landing? I'm just trying to find the easiest/most direct route. Also, can anyone recommend anything else en route/around Pussers Landing that may be worth a visit? Thanks. :)

There are 2 Pusser's outlets on Tortola. One is in Road Town, within walking distance of the cruise pier. If you take a taxi to CGB, you would just have them drop you off there when you come back. There are plenty of other small shops in Road Town to look through as well. The other Pussers is in Soper's Hole, on the west end of Tortola. To get there, you would need to take a taxi from CGB. Then you would need a taxi back from Soper's Hole to Road Town. There are shops in Soper's Hole as well.

There are other Pussers outlets in the BVI but I assume you were referring to Tortola only.

There are 2 Pusser's outlets on Tortola. One is in Road Town, within walking distance of the cruise pier. If you take a taxi to CGB, you would just have them drop you off there when you come back. There are plenty of other small shops in Road Town to look through as well. The other Pussers is in Soper's Hole, on the west end of Tortola. To get there, you would need to take a taxi from CGB. Then you would need a taxi back from Soper's Hole to Road Town. There are shops in Soper's Hole as well.

There are other Pussers outlets in the BVI but I assume you were referring to Tortola only.

Thanks for that. Yes, I discovered after posting that the Pusser's I was referring to was at Soper's Hole. It looks really pretty around there. I thought that your suggestion is probably my best option for getting to both places. I assume taxi's are plentiful at Soper's Hole? Any idea on cost from there back to Road Town. :)

Here is a link to the current taxi rates http://www.bvivacation.com/transportation/tortola-taxi-fares-rates.php

As you can see, you save money when you share a taxi. The majority of taxis are van type which can seat quite a few. You should have no problem finding extra people to share the taxi when you go to Cane Garen Bay. Always set your fare with the driver before you take off.

There usually seems to be taxis around Sopers Hole, mainly because the ferries leave out of West End. You can arrange to have your driver come back for you at a certain time, or you can ask the people at Pussers to call a taxi for you. Sopers Hole was hit hard by hurricane Earl but I think they have fully recovered. I do like that Pussers location. Beware the Painkiller Shooter! It comes in a shot glass that you get to keep, but boy is it potent! There are some nice shops there, including a Sunny Caribee store.

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a link to the current taxi rates http://www.bvivacation.com/transportation/tortola-taxi-fares-rates.php

As you can see, you save money when you share a taxi. The majority of taxis are van type which can seat quite a few. You should have no problem finding extra people to share the taxi when you go to Cane Garen Bay. Always set your fare with the driver before you take off.

There usually seems to be taxis around Sopers Hole, mainly because the ferries leave out of West End. You can arrange to have your driver come back for you at a certain time, or you can ask the people at Pussers to call a taxi for you. Sopers Hole was hit hard by hurricane Earl but I think they have fully recovered. I do like that Pussers location. Beware the Painkiller Shooter! It comes in a shot glass that you get to keep, but boy is it potent! There are some nice shops there, including a Sunny Caribee store.[/quote

Belated thanks Nabby - I haven't been on here for a while! I will definitely make plenty of time to visit Soper's Hole...particularly now I HAVE to try one of the Painkiller Shooter's you have recommended! Better make that my last stop or we could end up spending far too long in there......Cheers!

Archived