Limo Service from YVR to Canada Place???

Please don't blast me, I know this topic has been discussed in other threads here.

But I need the latest info as I don't want to compound one mistake with another. We are a party of 6 adults who will be leaving from Vancouver for a cruise on August 19, 2011. It cannot be avoided, we will be flying in the morning of the 19th :eek: arriving on American Airlines at 11:15.

I know, I know, but I said it couldn't be avoided!!! So we obviously want the quickest way to Canada Place. Is a Limo service the answer?? If so does someone have a recommendation???

We don't mind paying a little more to make sure we give ourselves the best chance of getting there, with our luggage in a timely fashion.

Thanks for helping out!!

Your are only about 35 minutes by limo from the airport to Canada Place under normal driving conditions so assuming that there are no delays in getting to the airport on your flight you will have lots of time to get to the port and board the ship - remember boarding often doesn`t start until noon or 1PM most weeks.

Aerocars are the official limos from the airport - they also have started up a shuttle service as well called aeroshuttle - will try and find the web sites - where`s Putterdude when we need him - he`s on a cruise otherwise he would have them handy for posting.

Found it - here`s a link to the aero car and shuttle people - while they don`t officially stop at the cruise port they do stop at the Fairmont Waterfront which is across the street from the entrance to Canada Place cruise port.

http://aeroshuttleyvr.ca/

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

FYI you likely would be hard pressed to get 6 plus baggage into one of their limo's.

I would look into their shuttle effort to be ahead of the game.

We have used the limo service on several occasions and agree with UT.

Please don't blast me, I know this topic has been discussed in other threads here.

But I need the latest info as I don't want to compound one mistake with another. We are a party of 6 adults who will be leaving from Vancouver for a cruise on August 19, 2011. It cannot be avoided, we will be flying in the morning of the 19th :eek: arriving on American Airlines at 11:15.

I know, I know, but I said it couldn't be avoided!!! So we obviously want the quickest way to Canada Place. Is a Limo service the answer?? If so does someone have a recommendation???

We don't mind paying a little more to make sure we give ourselves the best chance of getting there, with our luggage in a timely fashion.

Thanks for helping out!!

The quickest (and cheapest) way to Canada Place is the Skytrain (elevated/subway). From just outside the international arrivals to 3 blocks from Canada Place. if you can roll your luggage this is both the fastest and cheapest. Buy a 10 pack of 2 zone tickets INSIDE THE AIRPORT $31.50 (at the 7-11 or Pharmasave-- $20 cheaper than buying 6 tickets on the platform), step outside and use 6 of them for your party. Subway is roll on roll off, with elevators at both ends. At the last station (Waterfront), get off, turn around and use the elevator on the platform to get you onto Granville street. From there, a 3 block (slightly downhill) to Canada Place

map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=212770407613531027445.000467645fcda21dd87b2&ll=49.227912,-123.001213&spn=0.171518,0.528374&z=12

view from Skytrain exit toward Canada Place. Very close

P1040490.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I have avoided posting on this thread as it was kind of old hat but I think that for anyone reading this thread it is really important to know that you should not make a reservation for a limo. Aerocar have a contract rate with YVR for service to and from various parts of the city...they have lots of limos at YVR 24/7 and the contracted rate is the walk-up rate...if you make a reservation for a limo, it lifts it from the contracted rate and they can charge a completely different rate this also applies to Canada Place after a cruise. Here is a link to the contracted rates: link

Just wondering what the approximate cost is for a taxi from YVR to Canada Place.

I assume there are plenty of taxi's available at the airport. Princess charges $48 for two people for a shuttle to the port. Thanks

a sort of educated guess as it's been a while....but I would think about the same with tip in depending on the traffic. Which sometimes is not good.

Limo is $52 (fixed b4 the tip..)

Archived