What to do in Homer??

jane02

I have the 2010 hoho schedule in my scrapbook. I'll take a pix and post when I get on a real computer. My cell phone doesn't lend itself to that sort of thing.

We ended up walking around in homer as our private shorex was cancelled. They had some real cool shops ( I am not a shopper) and I got some neat handcrafts.

Here is the schedule they gave to us when we got off in Homer. Note that it is for last year.

Also, I found a cool map of Homer at:

http://moosemanorlodge.com/images/homer.jpg

HTH,

~TC

Oh, and one more thing. When you sail away from Homer, if it is clear, you may want to remain by windows or on deck for about 3-4 hours. You may get some of the most spectacular looks at the Kenai Penninsula. THe day we were in Homer it rained and was foggy. (As it was for the sail up Cook and back too!). So when the weather broke, it was great to at least see some of what everyone was talking about. If i get a chance i may post a link and a stash of photos from our trip.

You also may want to take a look at some of the roll call threads from last year. I know there were some good links on ours (8-9-10 sailing).

Homer Hop On Hop Off Bus.pdf

Thank you for posting the HOHO map/schedule TiogaCruiser! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll keep in mind your advice about the sailaway from Homer and will definitely look into your roll call from last year.

P.S. That is a great map of Homer.

Tobestar-

I forgot to answer your question about payment for the HOHO in Homer. We walked up to where they were loading and they swiped our room key cards. Because it was so late they only charged us half fare!

It is possible that you could get tickets on the ship or prior but we never looked into that. We were actually planning on going to Tutka Bay and our "ride" cancelled a few days prior. Although we had made reservations 7+ months in advance and before the vendor had a contract with HAL, they had to cancel us due to that contract. And we didnt really want to go to on the trip that HAL was contracted with them to provide. (It didnt go to Tutka).

~TC

Archived