Gov taxes/fees

ineed-a-vacation

I booked early saver and have been able to get a couple price drops. I look at the prices a couple times daily to be able to do this. I noticed tonight that the price of the cruise has gone up a little since my last price drop, but the gov taxes/fees had gone down by about $20. Does anyone know if they will automatically credit me this, or do I submit a price drop form, or am I not entitled to that? I'm not sure, so I thought I would ask everyone here on the board.

It's my understanding that price drops with early saver only applies to the cruise rate, not the port taxes/fees. When you check the rates, you are looking at the rate before taxes/fees. If I'm not understanding it correctly, I'm sure someone will come along & correct me. I do know that sometimes if the port fees drop you will see an onboard credit for the difference, now that I have had happen to me...........however, that was after we were onboard the ship.

I guess I should've just searched for the answer instead of posting it. I just searched and found that just like everything we talk about on here, it's been posted before. From what other posters said, it should show up on my S&S acount by the second day.

All that counts is that you know now what you wanted to know :)

On our last two cruises were received an OBC of about $38 and $17 due to taxes and port fees going down.

We booked early saver.

Once you book your cruise you do not have to pay any increases in port charges and taxes that may happen.

You do get credit if they are lowered. ;)

On our last two cruises were received an OBC of about $38 and $17 due to taxes and port fees going down.

We booked early saver.

Once you book your cruise you do not have to pay any increases in port charges and taxes that may happen.

Actually, you DO have to pay the difference if port fees or taxes go up. Port fees and taxes are not price protected by any cruise line. You just will not see the difference reflected until the day of final payment. If the fees and taxes are higher on that day, your final payment will show the new amount. This has happened a couple of times to us and others.

We have four cruises booked. Three paid for in full. On the three that are paid in full the cabin price has gone up and the taxes and port fees have gone up.

We were not required to pay any increase.

We have never paid any more that the original booking amount except for once. That time we had to pay the fuel surcharge. In that case it was removed a later date and we received an OBC for the amount since the cruise was paid in full. ;)

It's my understanding that price drops with early saver only applies to the cruise rate, not the port taxes/fees. When you check the rates, you are looking at the rate before taxes/fees. If I'm not understanding it correctly, I'm sure someone will come along & correct me. I do know that sometimes if the port fees drop you will see an onboard credit for the difference, now that I have had happen to me...........however, that was after we were onboard the ship.

port taxes are included in the cruisefare .. just a FYI.

The add on taxes and fees are different.. and dont include port charges.

OP I have had a couple of mysterious OBC last few cruises which I assume are taxes and fees that went down.

We booked early saver.

You can be charged extra if the add on taxes and fees go up .. but they dont charge you in reality .. you would never know if port charges went up or down as they are included in your cruisefare since mid 1990s, and you are protected if your cruisefare drops with ES ..

Originally Posted by near the beach

We booked early saver.

You do get credit if they are lowered.

Actually, you DO have to pay the difference if port fees or taxes go up. Port fees and taxes are not price protected by any cruise line. You just will not see the difference reflected until the day of final payment. If the fees and taxes are higher on that day, your final payment will show the new amount. This has happened a couple of times to us and others.

Per the Cruise contract, we are NOT protected from increases in Govt Fees and Taxes (as distinguished from Port Charges that are included in Carnival's Cruisefare). When I researched this within Carnival, I'm told that they choose not to collect small increases but reserve the right to and plan to collect any "large" increases.

My 12 Feb cruise, My Govt Fees and taxes increased about 50% since booking 14 months ago, so maybe we'll see how Large "large" is.

ken

Since my cruises are paid in full how would I be billed for and fee and tax increase? Put the increase on my sail & sign card. I don’t think so. Our last two cruises the fees and taxes went down before sailing and we received a credit. Right now on each of our three paid in full cruises the fees taxes have gone up $30 to $40 per cruise. I will not have to pay that increase.;) This information comes from Carnival. I called them and asked. :cool:

Since my cruises are paid in full how would I be billed for and fee and tax increase? Put the increase on my sail & sign card. I don’t think so. Our last two cruises the fees and taxes went down before sailing and we received a credit. Right now on each of our three paid in full cruises the fees taxes have gone up $30 to $40 per cruise. I will not have to pay that increase.;) This information comes from Carnival. I called them and asked. :cool:

Read your Cruise Contract. Carnival CAN collect increases (regardless of whether paid in full), generally doesn't if they're small, and will if they're "large". IF they collect, they'll be added to S&S Account. ken

We booked early saver for our trip (future wife and I) in October, at $259/pp before taxes/fees. Let's say it goes down to $249 and they give us $20 OBC for the price drop. If it goes back to $259, do they take the OBC away?

No! ken

• 1 month later...

The ticket contract does say Carnival can collect any increases in port charge as taxes. But they won’t. Just like they say they reserve the right to add $9 per day per passenger for the fuel surcharge if they want to. They haven’t done that in well over a year. We sail Friday and in the unlikely event Carnival does add this coast to our sail & sign card. No biggie. We will pay them. I’m betting that there will be no extra cost for us to pay.

Archived