Tender Order on Inspiration

BillyPilgrim

We are on Carnival Inspiration and have decided to do the Reef, Rays and Rum Point Tour while in Grand Cayman. We will need to get on one of the early tenders to make the tour, so how is the tender order determined? I heard someone mention getting in line early and I saw something about going to the dining room to get your tender number. Does anyone know how it is done on our ship?

Thanks

We are on Carnival Inspiration and have decided to do the Reef, Rays and Rum Point Tour while in Grand Cayman. We will need to get on one of the early tenders to make the tour, so how is the tender order determined? I heard someone mention getting in line early and I saw something about going to the dining room to get your tender number. Does anyone know how it is done on our ship?

Thanks

It will be printed in the Fun Times the night before where you are to meet to get your tender number. All persons in your party has to be there. Basically the earlier you get in line, then the lower your number will be. After the Carnival shore excursions are sent off, they will start calling for Tender #1, #2, etc

The lunch on Rum Point is great if you like jerked chicken.

Dave

I don't know how it's done on the Inspiration, but on the Legend everyone went to the theatre. At the entrance there was a table set up. You would tell the Carnival rep what excursion you were going on and they would cross your name off of a list. They would then give you a sticker with a number on it and tell you what section of the theatre to sit in. They would then call the Excursions by number. For example, when in Belize, We were on the Altun-Ha tour and given #7. Everyone from that group would follow the Carnival leader to the tender boat and they would then check to see that you were wearing the appropriate sticker before they would let you get on the tender. ( they want you to stick it on your shirt so it is visable) This method kept order and also kept those that did not have Carnival Excursions from cutting in line. This is what we were told. Those that had non-Carnival excursions were given a higher number and could tender after the CCL tours. The tours that took the most time like, cave tubing and the Altun Ha tour left first, this is how they determine the order. I would think it would be very similar in Grand Cayman.

Private tours are handled differently from Carnival tours.

If on a Carnival tour, just be where they say to be, on time.

For the private tours you'll need to follow whatever instructions they say. They should be posted in the Fun Times the night before and/or ask at Guest Services.

The actual tendering is only a few minutes, but they used to say allow 45 minutes if you are doing on your own. It may be more or less these days.

Are onboard staff, such as a steward or concierge, able to arrange for an earlier tender if needed? We're on a CCL cruise this May and are getting married in Grand Cayman, but not with CCL, so we won't be on their "list".

Are onboard staff, such as a steward or concierge, able to arrange for an earlier tender if needed? We're on a CCL cruise this May and are getting married in Grand Cayman, but not with CCL, so we won't be on their "list".

Carnival doesnt have a concierge as such. Your cabin steward has nothing to do with tender order.

If you are platinum, 10 cruises or more, you can go to the purser's desk and get priority .. but other than that.. you need to show up early and get in line.

Archived