Princess Ruby Previous Travelers

1Travelingon

The thing that we liked about the Ruby is they lightened up the color pallet from the Crown. Also the placement of the tour desk makes much more sense. We just came off the Ruby on Sunday and right now they are doing 3 of the finest production shows that we have ever seen on a Princess ship.

The thing that we liked about the Ruby is they lightened up the color pallet from the Crown. Also the placement of the tour desk makes much more sense. We just came off the Ruby on Sunday and right now they are doing 3 of the finest production shows that we have ever seen on a Princess ship.

We did the Crown and Ruby in successive years and I couldn't tell the difference. The production show about the dream put me to sleep. The others were fine. Biggest difference I could see was that head waiter in the upper anytime dining room on the Ruby is on his game. I forget his name even though it is mentioned here frequently. He makes every effort, if you request, to get you with same server and in general area you want and he understands wait times, etc. For some reason, we liked food better on the Ruby in both taste and presentation.

As far as both ships go, Sabatinis is a favorite and so is the upper pool outside of the gym (if you get up early enough to get a spot).

I found Ruby to be darker, not lighter. Emerald, for instance, has

light wood paneling in the elevator lobbies. Ruby has dark wood

(looks almost like walnut) in some elevator lobbies, hallways and

door frames.

As far as I recall, the tour desk is on deck seven forward, outside

the Wheelhouse bar on Emerald, Crown and Ruby.

And, I didn't care for "Once upon a bed" at all. To me, it was more

like a play than a show. And, I really didn't like the projection

background --- seemed cheap. And bed and one other show

were all recorded music. I wonder if this is the beginning of the end

for the theater "band".

We did the Ruby in December and were on the Crown several times. Found little difference but we are partial to the Crown. To get some good and also (negative) comments just go to Member Reviews. I find that is a great way to get impressions of the ship and the itinerary you plan. We put our review up on our December caribbean cruise.

Have a great time.

I didn't find much difference (except color pallate) between the Crown and the Ruby. Loved them both. On the Emerald and the Caribbean, I like the location of Skywalkers better......they still have the "sky walk".

I love the Ruby!

for the theater "band".

It is funny that we both remember that one as extraordinarily awful and the people leaving the show when we did were pretty much in agreement. On our cruise, there was no alternative since the CD was only showing World Cup Soccer (still like watching paint dry to me) on the MUTS every night.

I found Ruby to be darker, not lighter. Emerald, for instance, has

light wood paneling in the elevator lobbies. Ruby has dark wood

(looks almost like walnut) in some elevator lobbies, hallways and

door frames.

As far as I recall, the tour desk is on deck seven forward, outside

the Wheelhouse bar on Emerald, Crown and Ruby.

for the theater "band".

We went from the Crown to the Ruby a day a part and found the Ruby much lighter. The tour desk on the Crown is to the left of the PSD is very small and congested.

As for the production shows...well to each their own, we did enjoy them.

The last time I was on a Princess ship was in 1984 so I am not sure what to expect especially since back then it was a Mexican Riviera cruise as a graduation present and well I didn't take in any shows, too busy between the lounges and the pool;)

I was recently on the Carnival Dream (in December) and their shows were entertaining but just barely. There were two comedians that were hilarious though!

There were also audience contestant games like "The Newlywed Game" only it was for couples of various years of marriage, they had Bingo, and they have enrichment classes (example wine pairing), even a create your own cocktail competition. These are the kinds of things I am wondering about for the Ruby (particularly shows and enrichment classes). I am looking through other threads as well, and enjoy reading everyone's contributions here because if there is something somebody totally "loves" about the Ruby, I want to know about it also:)

Thank you everyone for your replies and I hope to hear more!

Archived