Bed Bug spray & Insect repellent.

LucyR.

I just noticed at my grocery store that they are selling travel size Bed Bug spray. Kills bed bugs and mites. I think it is great for people who travel a lot and stay in hotels.... some cruise ships....

I bought me some insect repellent for the ports that have mosquitoes and sand fleas.

I just plan to play it safe and use a large plastic bag to cover my medium sized luggage to keep out insects. I also plan to wash my clothes as soon as I get home.

My nickname is "Nervous Nelly". I think I am bug phobic.

We have a friend that owns pest control companies. He says that the sprays that sell over the counter at stores are very ineffective at killing bedbugs and just scatter bed bugs. The stuff at Bed Bath and Beyond has a cinnamon fragrance and if it gives you more peace of mind use it. I don't know if it's at all effective. We use large plastic bags and put our luggage in them before we place them under the beds in the cabin. I keep my clothing and cosmetics in 2 gallon plastic bags and in hanging plastic bags. I travel a lot for work and do this whenever I stay in hotels too. Steam heat and high heat are the best ways to kill bed bugs and they are very hard to kill. Just think if all these over the counter products really worked to kill bedbugs they wouldn't be such a spreading epidemic in the hotel industry now.

We sprayed our suitcases with the stuff before the last cruise. Must have worked since we didn't bring any back with us. Actually, we've never brought any back with us, even without the spray. Something isn't make a lot of sense here!

Archived