Considering Carnival -- question about kids' club

Dukegirl5577

I sailed on Carnival a few years back and while did enjoy it, it wasn't our best cruise by a long shot. We were there with a big group of friends for a wedding, so the "whoo-whoo!" party atmosphere didn't really bother us, but had we been there alone it might have.

Anyway, I'm tempted to book on Carnival again because my daughter will be turning 2 in December, and the Dec 2011 sailings out of Baltimore are crazy cheap. Plus, since we're in DC, we wouldn't have to drive anywhere.

Tell me about your experience with Camp Carnival. Did your young toddlers (age 2) enjoy it? Are there many food options for toddlers on board?

You didn't find the ship too much of a party atmosphere for a little one?

Thanks!

My youngest is 4, so I can't comment for a 2 year old but I'd like to mention that we were on the Liberty in October and I didn't find it to be a "whoo hoo" atmosphere at all. Seemed pretty comparable to the RC ships we've been on really. I didn't feel like it was a big party that my kids shouldn't be at. And they LOVED camp! I did see younger kids in there that seemed to be having fun too.

I sailed on Carnival a few years back and while did enjoy it, it wasn't our best cruise by a long shot. We were there with a big group of friends for a wedding, so the "whoo-whoo!" party atmosphere didn't really bother us, but had we been there alone it might have.

Anyway, I'm tempted to book on Carnival again because my daughter will be turning 2 in December, and the Dec 2011 sailings out of Baltimore are crazy cheap. Plus, since we're in DC, we wouldn't have to drive anywhere.

Tell me about your experience with Camp Carnival. Did your young toddlers (age 2) enjoy it? Are there many food options for toddlers on board?

You didn't find the ship too much of a party atmosphere for a little one?

Thanks!

I would not expect a real :party: atmosphere on a 7 day .

As for Camp Carnival, just one tip....MAKE SURE your daughter has already TURNED 2 BEFORE you get on the ship....not 23 1/2 months.....

they are very strict about that age....

I think you will have a wonderful time....

That's very good to hear. Maybe it was just the ship I was on, since it was a 4-day cruise and the shorter ones tend to be more of a party. Also, we'll be going in early December when all the college kids are in exams. :D

I'm glad your kids liked the Camp! I think my daughter will love it. What did you think of the counselors and the activities?

Last year my son had just turned 2 and we went on Carnival. He had a great time. Keep in mind that your kids have to be 3 to go to the kids cuc on RCCL. We would take him with his older sisters in the morning of sea days from 9-lunch, give him a nap in the afternoon, and then take him again durinng dinner on some nights. Your daughter will have a good time.

I don't see why a 2-year-old would have a problem with Camp Carnival unless they are abnormally clingy or juvenile. CC has lots of fun activities and you will get a booklet at the beginning outlining all the planned activities for each 15-minute segment of every day. That way you can pick & choose when you take them and pick them up and what they will be doing. Most of the activities are involved, not a lot of free play so the kids aren't sitting around bored.

I always picked up DD for meals even though you don't have to, I thought it was fairer for the staff not to have to spend their "breaks" with my child. Not sure what you normally feed her at home, but there is something for everyone on the buffet and in the main dining rooms there is a kids' menu or you can order anything you want for her off the adult menu, they will not bat an eye.

My kids are a little older at 6 and 9, but they have been sailing Carnival for a couple of years. They love Camp Carnival. The counselors are great and there are tons of activities for the kids. It will also depend on your particular cruise. We were just on the Miracle (8 day) last week and there were not alot of kids onboard at all. They actually combined the group for my 6 and 9 yr old. Which was fine. At most times there were only about 4 kids in the camp. It was great for them. They had lots of 1-on-1 and the counselors just hugged them all as we were leaving the ship.

Archived